Apple Pie Cookies
The perfect fall cookie. These Apple Pie Cookies have that classic apple pie taste in a bite-size cookie shape. It's a must-try recipe.
- 4 cups apples (diced)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 pie crust (one package or one recipe will usually make two crust)
- 1 large egg (whisked)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll our pie crust and cut into circles. I used a mason jar lid or measuring cup to get the circles.
Mix together all remaining ingredients. Place pie filling on one pie crust cut out and place another on top. Press a fork around the edges to seal and cut slits in the top to vent. Be careful to not overfill.
Place pies on a baking sheet and brush the top with egg yolk. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven allow to cool and serve.
- Pie Crust: You can use a store-bought or homemade pie crust. If you are making homemade then check out my recipe for Homemade Pie Crust. It's so simple to make and taste amazing. Remember that a store-bought crust comes with and my homemade recipe makes 2 crust which is what you will need for this recipe.
- Cooking Time: Your cooking time and temperature can vary according to what crust you are using. If you are using a store-bought crust then read the package directions and bake according to those directions.
- Pie Filling: Make sure to not overfill your apple pie cookies. You do not want it leaking out. This recipe should work great with any pie filling. You can try cherry, peach, or even blueberry. Just make sure all fruit is cut into smaller than usual pieces to make sure they fit inside your cookie.
Calories: 95kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 13mgPotassium: 85mgFiber: 2gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 68IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 1mg