Garlic Asian Green Beans
These Garlic Asian Green Beans are so easy to make and so full of flavor. It's the perfect side dish and even a great healthy snack.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
Warm oil in a large skillet and add in green beans to cook on medium heat.
In a mixing bowl whisk together all remaining ingredients. Pour this over green beans and cook until green beans are tender.
Serve warm and topped with sesame seeds.
Types of Green Beans:
Can I use frozen green beans:
If you are using frozen green beans you will want to allow them to sit out or rise with lukewarm water and pat dry. Frozen and thawed green beans will take close to 10 minutes to cook while fresh green beans could take 15.
- Fresh: When using fresh green beans make sure to rinse and trim first. Fresh green beans will take longer to cook if you want them very tender. If you like very tender green beans then I suggest you boil them for 3-4 minutes first them place them on a skillet to crisp.
- Frozen: I used frozen green beans for this recipe that I allowed to partially thaw. Once they are somewhat thawed then you can add them to the skillet and follow the directions.
- Canned: I suggest not using canned green beans for this recipe. I find they don't get have the same taste or texture that fresh or frozen does.
Calories: 127kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 2gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 551mgPotassium: 248mgFiber: 3gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 785IUVitamin C: 14.1mgCalcium: 52mgIron: 1.4mg