Sweet Potato Beef Stew
This Sweet Potato Beef Stew is a favorite of mine! It's the best recipe for fall and winter and best served with cornbread muffins.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pounds stew beef
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 2 ribs celery (diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 cups cabbage (sliced)
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes (drained)
- 32 oz beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons thyme (dried)
- 1 teaspoons basil (dried)
- ½ teaspoons parsley (dried)
Warm oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add in stew beef and cook until browned. Add in diced yellow onion and celery and cook until tender.
Once veggies are tender add in minced garlic and sautee for 30 seconds before adding in tomato paste.
Next add in peeled and diced sweet potatoes, carrots, cabbage, and diced tomatoes.
Add beef broth and water to your soup. Season with all seasons then allow to cook on medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and beef is fully cooked.
- Tip: When browning your meat make sure to not overcook. Cooking it in the soup will keep it tender and soft but overcooking could cause it to become tough.
Calories: 296kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 22gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 755mgPotassium: 1072mgFiber: 6gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 20364IUVitamin C: 23mgCalcium: 115mgIron: 4mg