Vanilla Easter Cupcakes with Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup candy-coated mini eggs
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt then set aside.
Using an electric mixer to beat eggs and sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes until eggs are a light yellow. While still mixing very slowly pour in melted butter and vanilla extract.
Slowly mix in milk and your dry ingredients. Adding in a little at a time back and forth, scraping the sides as needed until all ingredients are well combined
Spoon cupcake batter into your prepared muffin tin about ¾ the way full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cupcakes are cooked through and a toothpick can come out clean. Place on a rack to cool completely before icing.
Calories: 436kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 3gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 68mgPotassium: 98mgSugar: 31gVitamin A: 890IUCalcium: 48mgIron: 0.9mg