Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
The most perfect Vanilla Cupcake Recipe. It's so simple to make with a light cupcake made with your everyday pantry staples and a buttercream frosting that can't be beat.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt then set aside.
Using an electric mixer to beat eggs and sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes until eggs are a light yellow. While still mixing very slowly pour in melted butter and vanilla extract.
Slowly mix in milk and your dry ingredients. Adding in a little at a time back and forth, scraping the sides as needed until all ingredients are well combined
Spoon cupcake batter into your prepared muffin tin about ¾ the way full. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cupcakes are cooked through and a toothpick can come out clean. Place on a rack to cool completely before icing.
- Tip - A dense or dry cupcake is a result of not enough liquid in the batter. If you batter is really thick or dry, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to get to a nice smooth and creamy consistency.
- Tip - One thing an eager baker may do is check their cupcakes early. One big tip to help keep this moist and fluffy is to not open that oven until they have been in the over for about ¾ of the time. Opening the oven will offset the temperature by bringing in outside cool air, and this could affect the fluffiness.
Serving: 1gCalories: 436kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 3gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 68mgPotassium: 101mgFiber: 1gSugar: 31gVitamin A: 889IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 48mgIron: 1mg