Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake
The perfect side for your pumpkin spice latte. This Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake is full of fall flavor and easy to make.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 11x7 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl whisk your all-purpose flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Then set aside.
Use an electric mixer to combine pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and milk. Slowly mix in dry ingredients to your wet and mix until combined. Add this to your prepared dish.
Add all your topping ingredients into a bowl. Mix well to combine and use fingers to pinch and make a crumble. Once well combined add this to the top of your casserole.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until cake is baked through. Slice and serve.
What Is Pumpkin Spice? Pumpkin Spice is a mix of spices that are found typically in America. It is similar to the mixed spice that you find in Britain. It's a blend of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice.
Pro Tip: Make sure your butter is cold and right out of the refrigerator when making your topping. This is well everything to become crumbly.
More Tips and FAQs:
- How do I store a coffee cake? Once cooked cover and leave on the counter for 1-2 days. To keep longer cover and place in the fridge.
- Can I freeze this coffee cake? Allow your cake to cool completely and then place in an air-tight container. Keep in the freezer for 1-2 months and then allow it to defrost at room temperature.
- What is the difference between pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie filling? Canned pumpkin puree is just pumpkin without any added sugar or spices. Pumpkin pie filling as other things added in. For this recipe, you want to make sure to use pumpkin puree that is 100% pumpkin with nothing added in.
Calories: 264kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 3gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 240mgPotassium: 110mgFiber: 2gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 3252IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 35mgIron: 2mg