Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
The BEST Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Recipe. This dish is a favorite with my family and one that is on my menu often.
- 12 medium soft taco shells
- 2 large chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 21 oz cream of chicken soup
- 9 oz green chilies (canned)
- 16 oz sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 3 cups Colby jack cheese (shredded)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Mix together cooked and shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, green chilis, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Remove ¾ cup and set aside.
Place a few spoonfuls of chicken mixture in a soft taco and roll. Place each stuffed taco shell in your prepared casserole dish.
Top your full casserole dish with the removed chicken mixer and then top with shredded cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and food is warm thought - tip using cold chicken could sauce a longer cook time.
Serve topped with fresh diced cilantro.
- Cooking tip: If you are using chicken from the refrigerator you might need more cooking time to warm your casserole. I used hot and freshly cooked chicken and my casserole was warmed in 15 minutes.
This recipe calls for cooked and shredded chicken. It's the perfect recipe for a rotisserie chicken.
You can also make your chicken ahead of time in the slow cooker so it's ready to use by dinner. Here is my simple recipe for all-purpose slow cooker chicken. I like to use this making batches of chicken for these types of meals.
Calories: 296kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 18gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 741mgPotassium: 259mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 665IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 276mgIron: 1mg