Roasted Butternut Squash
Diced and then seasoned in cinnamon and brown sugar then roasted in the oven. This Roasted Butternut Squash is the perfect fall food.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray then set aside.
Peel and dice your squash.
Toss squash with oil, salt, pepper, ground cinnamon, and brown sugar. Once coated place on your prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 30-40 minutes flipping half-way through.
How to peel and dice a butternut squash:
For this recipe, you want to start by peeling and dicing all your vegetables and roasting them. Here are my tips on how to peel the butternut squash.
- Use a vegetable peeling to remove all skin from the butternut squash.
- Carefully use a large knife to cut the butternut squash lengthwise.
- Spoon out seeds from the bottom half of your squash.
- Turn your squash over and dice lengthwise. Turn your squash and dice it the opposite way to create large square chucks.
Calories: 126.77kcalCarbohydrates: 16.88gProtein: 1.28gFat: 7.13gSaturated Fat: 0.54gSodium: 199.41mgPotassium: 440mgFiber: 2.68gSugar: 4.7gVitamin A: 13287.5IUVitamin C: 26.25mgCalcium: 62.5mgIron: 0.88mg