Sweet and Salty Cookies
These Sweet and Salty Cookies are not your average cookie. Loaded with chocolate chips and potato chips. They are the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
Cream together butter and sugars in a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly mix this add this to your mixture until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and crushed potato chips. Allow to chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or a baking liner. Place even balls of dough onto the baking sheet (2-3 tbsp) Optional: To get the same look as my cookies place a few candies on top of cookie balls before baking.
Bake for 9-11 minutes and allow to cool on a wire rack for 3-4 minutes.
- How to sift without a sifter: Try using a strainer over a bowl. Hold the strainer with one hand and tap with the other until all the flour is in the bowl. You can also use a wire whisk and stir your flour in circular motions in a large mixing bowl.
Calories: 263kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 3gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 216mgPotassium: 220mgFiber: 1gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 210IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 1mg