Sweet Breakfast Pinwheels
These Sweet Breakfast Pinwheels are made with pancake mix and loaded with sweet flavors and topped with walnuts.
- 2 ¼ cups pancake mix (more needed for counter top)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (very soft)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (melted)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilal extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or parchment paper.
Whisk together pancake mix and milk. Once a dough has formed place dough on a hard surface to knead. Sprinkle extra pancake mix on surface as needed to keep the dough from sticking.
Knead dough for 3-4 minutes then roll out into a rectangle.
Spread soft butter onto dough. Then sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts.
Roll dough and then seal the edge. Slice dough into ¾ inch slices and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Brush each pinwheel with melted butter. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
While the pinwheels bake prepare glaze by whisking together all ingredients.
Remove pinwheels from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes then drizzle on glaze and serve.
- If dough is sticking to your hands you can also dip your hands in dry pancake mix to help it not stick. Don't shy away and keep working your dough until it is no longer sticky.
Serving: 1rollCalories: 154kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 3gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 129mgPotassium: 83mgFiber: 1gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 136IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 72mgIron: 1mg