These Homemade Funfetti Cupcakes are a super light, fluffy, and beautifully flavored with vanilla colored with decadent sprinkles. Topped with an amazing buttercream frosting these cupcakes are better than any box mix you can find!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup sprinkles ( I used jimmies)
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles (optional: plus more for topping)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt then set aside.
Using an electric mixer to beat eggs and sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes until eggs are a light yellow. While still mixing very slowly pour in melted butter and vanilla extract.
Slowly mix in milk and your dry ingredients. Adding in a little at a time back and forth, scraping the sides as needed until all ingredients are well combined
Fold in sprinkles then spoon cupcake batter into your prepared muffin tin about ¾ the way full.
Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cupcakes are cooked through and a toothpick can come out clean. Place on a rack to cool completely before icing.
With an electric mixer cream together confectioners sugar and softened butter. Once well combined add in vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream then mix in again. Then fold in sprinkles.
Add to a piping bag and top on cooled cupcakes. Optional: Top with more sprinkles.
- Cooking Tip: You want to mix on low. Over mixing will cause the air to leave the batter and you will have dense cupcakes.
Serving: 1cupcakeCalories: 227kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 2gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 34mgPotassium: 50mgFiber: 1gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 445IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 24mgIron: 1mg