Scotcheroos is a classic dessert that everyone will love. Peanut Butter infused Rice Krispies topped with a chocolate/butterscotch layer that is to die for!
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cup butterscotch chips
Place your rice cereal in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Add peanut butter, sugar, and light corn syrup to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
Pour the melted peanut butter over your rice cereal in your large mixing bowl and mix well. Pour into your prepared casserole dish and pat and press it in.
Place chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a saucepan and melt over medium heat while stirring constantly. Once melted pour over rice cereal in casserole dish.
Allow to set at room temperature for several minutes to allow chocolate to set. Then cut into squares and serve.
- Cooking Tip: It is essential not to overboil at this step, which if you do will greatly affect the final product.
- Cooking Tip: Make sure the melted peanut butter/sugar mix does not cool too much before adding to the Rice Krispies or it will be hard to mix.
- Cooking Tip: You can refrigerate for a few minutes to help the chocolate layer to set faster.
Calories: 291kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 4gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 192mgPotassium: 98mgFiber: 1gSugar: 41gVitamin A: 186IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 51mgIron: 3mg