This Corn Pudding is a southern classic. Made with sweet corn and cream corn then baked to perfection. This recipe will be on your table often!
- 5 eggs
- ⅓ cup butter (melted)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 15.25 oz sweet corn (drained)
- 29.5 oz cream style corn (I used two 14.75 cans)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a casserole dish with non stick cooking spray (2 quarts).
Place eggs in a large mixing bowl, whisk and set aside.
In a separate bowl mix together butter and sugar. Allow to set for several minutes to cool then add in milk. Once butter is cooled add to eggs and whisk. Adding hot butter to your eggs could cook your eggs.
Next add in drained sweet corn and cream corn and mix well. Last mix in cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Add this to your prepared casserole dish.
Bake for 1 hour or until corn pudding is cooked through. To test add a toothpick or butter knife into the center. When it comes out clean you know it's done.
- How do you serve corn pudding? We love to serve this warm right after it's been cooked.
- What is corn pudding? Corn pudding is a staple side dish usually made in the south. It's a mix of creamy corn and corn kernels.
- Watery corn pudding: To make sure your corn pudding is not watery you need to make sure you are drained well. If you still have issues with watery corn pudding you can toss your corn in a skillet first before using it to allow it cook off some liquid.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 283kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 8gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 557mgPotassium: 316mgFiber: 3gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 629IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 1mg