Fajita Chicken and Rice Casserole
This Fajita Chicken and Rice Casserole has become one of my favorite recipes. With cooked chicken and rice you just mix the rest of the ingredients and then bake.
- 1 pound chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz frozen peppers and onions
- 2 cups instant rice (cooked accoring to package directions)
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10.5 oz rotel
- 1 oz fajita seasoning
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 3 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Prepare a skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat on the stove top on medium heat. Dice chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add diced chicken and frozen peppers and onions to your skillet. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Drain as needed and add this to the prepared casserole dish.
Add cooked rice, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, rotel, and fajita seasoning to your casserole dish and mix together well.
Top your casserole with shredded cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes until warm thougthout and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve.
- What is Rotel: A brand of canned diced tomatoes mixed with green chilis. If you can't find Rotel you can use canned tomatoes and canned diced green chilis instead.
Calories: 307kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 19gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 740mgPotassium: 431mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 889IUVitamin C: 40mgCalcium: 152mgIron: 3mg