Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken
This Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken is a simple and easy recipe that can be topped on a sandwich or tossed in with a salad.
- 3 pounds chicken (boneless and skinless)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Add the seasoning and rub it onto chicken breast. Pour in chicken broth and then top with bbq sauce.
Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is fully cooked.
Use two forks to shred chicken.
Cooking Tips and FAQ's
- Can I put raw chicken in my slow cooker? Yes, you can place your chicken right in the slow cooker. You can sear the chicken on a pan if you desire but it is not necessary.
- Could I use frozen chicken? Yes, it is safe to place cook frozen chicken in the slow cooker. You just need to cook it long enough that the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Is it better to cook on low or high? This really is up to you. While cooking on high you could run the risk of overcooking if you plan to be away from the slow cooker.
- How should I serve this chicken? We love serving this on a bun, with coleslaw, and pasta salad.
- What BBQ sauce should I use? We love to use Sweet Baby Rays Classic BBQ Sauce but you can use any BBQ that you enjoy.
Calories: 311kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 15gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 813mgPotassium: 337mgSugar: 26gVitamin A: 275IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 1.3mg