I love the taste of a roasted vegetable. This recipe for Simple Roasted Asparagus is a favorite of mine and the best way to make asparagus.
- 1 pound asparagus (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ - 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
Prep asparagus and snap off the ends.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Drizzle oil over asparagus and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder then toss again to coat asparagus.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until your asparagus is tender but not flimsy. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
Pick the best Asparagus
When shopping for asparagus you want to make sure they are not too thin or thick. Thin spears can overcook easily and thick spears can be too tough. Finding something in the middle is best.
You also want to make sure your asparagus is green without any browning and firm when raw.
- Should I wash my asparagus? Yes, before seasoning it's best to wash and pat dry the asparagus.
- Why is my asparagus stringy? Stringy asparagus is usually from over-cooking. I would suggest reducing your cooking time or buying a little larger size spear next time.
Calories: 69kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 2gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 118mgPotassium: 183mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 686IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 2mg