Funfetti Christmas Cupcakes
These Funfetti Christmas Cupcakes are a super light, fluffy, and beautifully flavored with vanilla colored with holiday sprinkles. Topped with an amazing buttercream frosting people will want these cupcakes wrapped up under the tree. Don't forget to leave one out for Santa!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6.4 oz butter softened (13 tablespoons)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 tablespoons milk (I used 2%)
- Christmas colored funfetti sprinkles
- 3.5 oz unsalted butter softened (7 tablespoons)
- 2 ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F then line a muffin pan with muffin papers.
Cream together butter with the sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer.
Next add in your egg whites, one by one, until combined.
In a separate bowl, sift your all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
In another separate bowl mix the vanilla, sour cream, and milk.
Slowly add the dry ingredients and sour cream mixture into your butter and sugar. Alternating between the two until everything comes togethe but careful to not over mix.
Fold in the funfetti and distribute the batter evenly into the muffin pan filling each one about 2⁄3 full then place them in the oven and bake for 18 minutes. Once cooked set aside to cool completely before frosting.
Beat butter with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
Add the sugar little by little until fully combined. Add the vanilla and whipping cream. Mix until combined.
With a piping bag, add the buttercream frosting over each cupcake and top with sprinkles. Allow frosting to set on cupcakes for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Tip - A dense or dry cupcake is a result of not enough liquid in the batter. If you batter is really thick or dry, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to get to a nice smooth and creamy consistency.
- Tip - One thing an eager baker may do is check their cupcakes early. One big tip to help keep this moist and fluffy is to not open that oven until they have been in the over for about ¾ of the time. Opening the oven will offset the temperature by bringing in outside cool air, and this could affect the fluffiness
Serving: 1cupcakesCalories: 229kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 2gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 1382mgPotassium: 51mgFiber: 1gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 356IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 24mgIron: 1mg