These Air Fryer Fried Pickles are the perfect appetizer. Yes, we do them as spears in our house, and they are perfect for a gameday snack. Perfectly crispy with very little oil used you are going to love them!
Fried Pickles is my go-to appetizer at my favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse. I love them, and so do my kids!
I love that they enjoy pickles and fried pickles as much as me! These Air Fryer Fired Pickles are a Texas Roadhouse copycat recipe you will love!
Well, I had to make them for the blog! I do not do many fried recipes on the blog, just because I try to not cook with that much oil.
Well, my Air Fryer came in handy for this recipe! I know you will love them. You can use this recipe for Fried Pickle Chips, but yes these are Fried Pickle Spears. If you did not know this, spears are just the best, haha!
How to make Air Fryer Fried Pickles:
These Fried Pickles are made perfectly in the Air Fryer, and still have a great crisp to them.
Made with Buttermilk to give them their classic Southern flavor and charm.
Prepare your egg wash and Panko. Get your pickles nice and covered then cook in the air fryer!
Serve immediately with some Ranch to dip them in!
- Pickles: I used spears and sliced them in half to have a nice flat side.
- Panko Breadcrumbs: Panko breadcrumbs are made different than regular and have a more crunchy texture.
- Salt & Pepper
- Oil Cooking Spray
- Fresh Dill: finely chopped
Step One - Add the flour with the egg and buttermilk to a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Tip: Buttermilk really gives them that nice tangy flavor. If you do not have buttermilk, you can mix 1 cup of milk with 1 teaspoon on white vinegar together to make buttermilk.
Step Two - In a separate bowl add the panko breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
Step Three - Dip your pickles in the flour mixture one at a time.
Step Four - Next dip and press your pickles into the panko breadcrumbs and make sure to cover completely.
Step Five - Spray the bottom of the air fryer then add your coated sliced pickles.
Spray once again with oil on top.
Step Six - Cook 380 degrees F for 10 minutes, turning your pickles halfway through the cooking time.
Step Six continued - Place fried pickles on a wire rack to cool if you are planning on making a few batches.
Step Seven - Serve and sprinkle with fresh dill on top.
How to serve Air Fryer Fried Pickles:
Ideally you want to serve these immediately. Fried Pickles are the best when served hot.
Whether made in the oven, fryer, or air fryer fried pickles have to be hot!
If you do plan on cooking a large batch, once they are all done in the air fryer you can rewarm them all in the oven.
Turn your oven on to 375 degrees and reheat for 3 minutes to keep them crispy.
What should I serve with Fried Pickles made in the Air Fryer?
I love Fried Pickles and Ranch Dressing. It is probably the best combo for these.
You can use ketchup, which is what my kids do.
A spicy Ranch or Chipotle Ranch would be nice as well.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- 20 sliced pickles
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil spray
- 1 tbsp fresh dill (finely chopped)
- Add the flour with the egg and buttermilk to a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl add the panko breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Dip your pickles in the flour mixture one at a time.
- Next dip and press your pickles into the panko breadcrumbs and make sure to cover completely.
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer then add your coated sliced pickles. Spray once again with oil on top.
- Cook 380 degrees F for 10 minutes, turning your pickles halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve and sprinkle with fresh dill on top.