This simple Chicken and Rice Casserole only takes a few ingredients and it bakes in 15 minutes or less. It’s creamy and cheese and a recipe that you are going to love.
Chicken and Rice Casserole
This Chicken and Rice Casserole is a classic. It’s a recipe that my mom used to make and a favorite of mine growing up. My kids loved it just as much as me and it has quickly become a staple meal in our home.
If you love casseroles as much as we do then make sure to check out a few more of my favorites after you try this one.
Chicken Casserole Recipes:
- Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Chicken and Green Bean Casserole
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Chicken and Rice Casserole Instructions:
For this recipe I used pre-cooked chicken and cooked my rice before. It takes a lot less time in the oven and over all. When you are ready go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Now cook your rice according to package directions. In a large mixing bowl mix cooked chicken, cooked rice, cream of chicken sou, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Add this to a casserole dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes. Simple right? Time to serve and enjoy.
This recipe is perfect with leftover chicken. I love using my chicken from my all purpose slow cooker chicken. Make it ahead of time and use it all week long. I use it for easy wraps or salads for lunch. Then I add it to casseroles or soups for dinner.
Watch the Chicken and Rice Cooking Episode:
Because casseroles are awesome, here are a few more to try out:
Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie Casserole: I love this casserole dish. Just like the old classic you love but no crust to make.
Chicken and Green Bean Casserole: This recipe is so simple made with creamy chicken and green beans then topped with stuffing.
Cheeseburger Casserole: A classic for sure. This simple casserole dish is a favorite with my family and one you will wanna try.
Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 3 cup Chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 2 cup Instant rice
- 22.6 oz Cream of chicken soup (one family style can)
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Start by cooking rice according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl mix cooked chicken, cooked rice, cream of chicken sou, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Add this to a casserole dish.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve and enjoy. Optional: Top with fresh diced parsley for garnish.