This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a sweet and tasty twist to a classic banana bread. It is moist and full of banana flavor and sweet chocolate chips. The perfect bread for breakfast or a snack.
We always have bananas in the house. Sometimes the kids eat them up really quick, sometimes they don't. If they don't, I just turn the bananas into banana bread. It is the perfect way to use over ripe bananas and banana bread is a great breakfast for the kids!
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe is really easy to make. All of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry!
How to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
This recipe is made just like my Classic Banana Bread recipe. Only difference is I add in the chocolate chips that give it a sweet irresistible taste! Mix your wet ingredients and your dry ingredients separately then mix them together. Fold in and mix in the chocolate chips. Pour the batter in the bread pan and then bake. Allow to cool before removing from the pan, and then slice and serve.
- Bananas - make sure they are really ripe. Brown spots are not a problem for this recipe.
- Butter - melted
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips - You can use any kind of chocolate chips for this recipe. I used semi-sweet chips.
Step Five - Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through. Allow cooling slightly before removing from pan and serving.
How can I tell when my banana bread is done?
Start checking your bread at the 50-minute mark or even 5 minutes before. Insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean you know it is done.
How to store a fruit bread and keep it moist:
Banana bread is a bread that can dry out pretty quickly if not eaten soon. The best way to store banana bread I have found is to wrap it in plastic wrap once it has fully cooled. The plastic wrap will help protect air from getting to the bread. You can also store it in an airtight container too. This bread should last up to 7 days.
Can you freeze banana bread?
Yup you sure can freeze this! Freezing this bread will keep it for about 3 months. Once the bread is baked allow it to fully cool and then wrap it in plastic wrap tightly. Wrap it tightly in aluminum foil and then store in the freezer. When ready to eat remove from the freezer and unwrap. Let it thaw on the counter covered with a towel for about 24 hours.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- ⅓ cup Butter melted
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ¼ cup Chocolate Chips (I used semi-sweet)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 4x8 loaf pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray and set aside
- Peel and mash bananas then add to a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl using a hand mixer). Add in butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl non-stick together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this to wet ingredients and whisk together until well combined but do not over mix.
- Fold in 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour batter into your prepared loaf pan then add the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips to the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through. Allow cooling slightly before removing from pan and serving.
Leave a Reply