This is the Quickest and Best Homemade Taco Meat you will ever try! It can be made with Beef or Turkey, and with using some salsa and taco seasoning this will be perfect for burritos, tacos, or nachos!
Tacos are a twice a week meal at our house. Whether it's ground beef, chicken, or turkey we are eating a form of tacos all the time.
We love using this recipe for tacos, burritos, and nachos!
I am sure this simple recipe that is uniquely different than a lot of other taco meat recipes. Instead of using tomato sauce, I use salsa!
How to make Taco Meat:
Taco meat is a staple in our house. It's basically it's its own food group in our house. we make tacos, nachos, burritos, or taco salads close to two times a week!
This recipe is super easy to make, and the flavors of the taco seasoning and salsa are gonna make your taco night amazing!
- Ground Beef (can be ground chicken or turkey. I'd even use ground sausage for some breakfast burritos!)
- Taco Seasoning (try my homemade taco seasoning!)
Step One - Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook and crumble. Drain off fat as needed.
Step Two - Once ground beef is browned add in taco seasoning and salsa. Stir to coat the meat in seasoning.
- Tip: If you need more moisture in your taco meat, add two tablespoons of water.
Step Three - Serve on tacos, salad, or burritos.
What makes a good taco meat?
The flavors and seasoning you use really make your taco meat. Traditionally, taco meat is made with tomato sauce, for a very saucy meat.
I feel this reminds me more of sloppy joes, so that is why I use salsa.
A nice chunky salsa adds a nice flavor, and you can get mild, medium, or hot for additional heat in the meat.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- ¾ cup salsa
- Warm oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook and crumble. Drain off fat as needed.
- Once ground beef is browned add in taco seasoning and salsa. Stir to coat the meat in seasoning.
- Serve on tacos, salad, or burritos.