My all-time favorite soup recipe that you are going to LOVE! Taco Soup is filled with all your taco favorites this one is a must-try. The best thing about this or tacos in general is you can make it as spicy as you want!
You can add beans or take them away, use jalapenos or not. This recipe can be edited however you like, but this is my personal favorite way to make it. If you love this soup then you can also try a few more of my favorite taco recipes like my Taco Casserole or these Baked Chicken Tacos.
Anything taco is going to be my favorite! I love the bold taste in Mexican style food, and could eat it every single day, and never get tired of it! I have a lot of taco-inspired recipes on my blog already! Most of the time they are pretty inexpensive. So when I am trying to watch what I am spending at the grocery store I love simple recipes like this Taco Soup that is easy on the wallet but still tastes great.
How to Make Taco Soup:
Step one: In a large pot cook ground beef, crumbling and stir occasionally until browned. Drain fat and return to stove top.
Step two: Next add in your corn, salsa, chilies, black beans, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix and mix together well.
Step three: Pour in beef broth and allow to simmer on medium/low for 30-40 minutes.
Step four: Serve and top with optional toppings.
Easy Ground Beef Recipe:
- This Taco Soup is one of my favorite easy ground beef recipes. It's a recipe that is not just easy to make, but it's also easy on the wallet. Here are some money-saving tips for this recipe!
- Save on the meat. This recipe is pretty versatile and can be made with several types of meat. You can use ground beef, ground turkey, ground chicken, chicken breast, or even brisket. Find what's on sale.
- Buy in bulk. Buying in bulk can save you some money. We like buying canned food items to make sure everything has a long pantry life. If you are buying in bulk you can also cook in bulk, and freeze some soup for later. So buying in bulk can save you money, but also time.
- Make a meal plan and a list! Going to the store without a plan is never a good idea when you want to stay on budget. Make sure you stay on track and only buy what is on the list.
More Taco Style Recipes that are easy and cheap:
- Taco Mac Casserole: This Taco Mac Casserole is a family favorite and sure to please any picky eater. Made with seasoned ground beef, salsa, and coated in cream cheese.
- One Pan Taco Pasta: This simple One Pan Taco Pasta means less dish for you after dinner and a happy family during dinner. Just add a few ingredients to a pot and 15 minutes later dinner is ready, it's that easy.
- Cornbread Taco Pie: Seasoned taco meat, corn, and then topped with cornbread mix. Bake this Easy Cornbread Taco Pie for less then 30 minutes and dinner is ready.
- Easy Taco Pasta Salad: Seasoned with taco seasonings this Easy Taco Pasta Salad is the perfect summertime side dish. It’s filled with green onions, bell peppers, corn, Mexican shredded cheese, and completely delicious
Watch my Taco Soup Cooking Episode!
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 15 oz Corn
- 2 cups Salsa
- 2 can Green chilies
- 15 oz Black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons Taco seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dry Ranch mix
- 2 cups Beef broth
- Optional for topping: sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro.
- In a large pot cook ground beef, crumbling and stir occasionally until browned. Drain fat and return to stove top.
- Add corn, salsa, chilies, black beans, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix and mix together well.
- Pour in beef broth and allow to simmer on medium/low for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve and top with optional toppings.