My all time favorite soup recipe that you are going to LOVE! Taco Soup, filled with all your taco favorites this one is a must try.
Anything taco is going to me my favorite! I love the bold taste in Mexican style food, and could eat it every single day and never get tired of it! I have a lot of taco inspired recipes on my blog already! Most the time they are pretty inexpensive so when I am trying to watch what I am spending at the grocery store I love simple recipes like this Taco Soup that is easy on the wallet but still taste great.
How to Make Taco Soup:
I start with a big soup pot (this is a great one that I LOVE) and cook and crumble my ground beef. Once cooked drain the fat and return in to the stove top. Next I just add drained corn, salsa (this is the salsa I usually use), green chilies, and drained black beans. I then season it with taco seasoning and ranch seasoning. Yep just dry ranch seasoning it gives the soup the best flavor. Add your broth and then it’s time to cook! Simple right? My favorite kind of recipe. I topped mine off sour cream, shredded cheese, and crunchy tortilla chips. This soup recipe even won over my picky eater! I think the sour cream really helped though, he loves his sour cream.
More Taco Style Recipes that are easy and cheap:
- Taco Mac Casserole: This Taco Mac Casserole is a family favorite and sure to please any picky eater. Made with seasoned ground beef, salsa, and coated in cream cheese.
- One Pan Taco Pasta: This simple One Pan Taco Pasta means less dish for you after dinner and a happy family during dinner. Just add a few ingredients to a pot and 15 minutes later dinner is ready, its that easy.
- Cornbread Taco Pie: Seasoned taco meat, corn, and then topped with cornbread mix. Bake this Easy Cornbread Taco Pie for less then 30 minutes and dinner is ready.
- Easy Taco Pasta Salad: Seasoned with taco seasonings this Easy Taco Pasta Salad is the perfect summer time side dish. It’s filled with green onions, bell peppers, corn, Mexican shredded cheese, and completely delicious
Easy Ground Beef Recipe:
- This Taco soup is one of my favorite easy ground beef recipe. It’s a recipe that is not just easy to make but it’s also easy on the wallet. Here are some
- Save on the meat. This recipe is pretty versatile and can be made with several times of meat. You can use ground beef, ground turkey, ground chicken, chicken breast, or even brisket. Find what’s on sale.
- But in bulk. Buying in bulk can save you some money. We like buying canned food items to make sure everything has a long pantry life. If you are buying in bulk you can also cook in bulk and freeze some soup for later. So buying in build can save you money but also time.
- Make a meal plan and a list! Going to the store without a plan is never a good idea when you want to stay on budget. Make sure you stay on track and only buy what is on the list.
- Get organized! I love using The Money Saving System. This mom went from spending over $1,000 a month to $180. She made awesome worksheets that will help you save money on what you love to buy. If you are trying to save money on groceries its a must.
Check out some more reader favorite recipes:
- Easy Orange Chicken: If you love take-out then you are going to love this Easy Orange Chicken. Some take-out duplicates can call for lots of ingredients you don’t have.
- Egg Salad: Truly the BEST Egg Salad recipe. It’s a must try and everyone loves it.
- Taco Spaghetti: This easy dinner recipe is going to be something you want to your menu plan soon! My new favorite way to make spaghetti, Taco Spaghetti!
Watch my Taco Soup Cooking Episode!
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 15 oz Corn
- 2 cups Salsa
- 2 can Green chilies
- 15 oz Black beans
- 2 tablespoons Taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dry Ranch mix
- 2 cups Beef broth
- Optional for topping: sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro.
In a large pot cook ground beef, crumbling and stir occasionally until browned. Drain fat and return to stove top.
Add corn, salsa, chilies, black beans, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix and mix together well.
Pour in beef broth and allow to simmer on medium/low for 30-40 minutes.
Serve and top with optional toppings.