My all-time favorite soup recipe that you are going to LOVE! Taco Soup is filled with all your taco favorites. This one is a must-try. This soup is loaded with ground beef, beans, and taco seasoning, and it is super easy to make!
Anything taco is going to be my favorite! I love the bold taste in Mexican-style food, and could eat it every single day, and never get tired of it! This taco soup is perfect for family taco night and one my entire family enjoys.
How to make Taco Soup:
Taco Soup is one of my favorite recipes. I make this for lunch for myself on the stovetop at least twice a week. You can also make it in the slow cooker! Cook your ground beef, and then add your remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and then simmer. When serving for dinner I love to serve them with these Mini Cornbread Muffins.
Taco Soup Ingredients:
- Ground beef: I like to use lean ground beef. You can also use ground turkey.
- Corn: Use canned or frozen.
- Salsa: Whatever salsa you prefer will work. I use mild store-bought salsa.
- Green chilies
- Taco seasoning: You can use a store-bought mix or make it homemade.
- Black Beans: Drained and rinsed. Make sure you don't skip rinsing them since that could make the soup overly salty.
- Ranch seasoning
- Beef broth
How to make Taco Soup:
Step one: In a large pot cook ground beef, crumbling, and stir occasionally until browned. Drain fat as needed and return to stovetop.
Step two: Next add in your corn, salsa, chilies, black beans, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix and mix together well.
Step three: Pour in beef broth and allow to simmer on medium/low for 30-40 minutes.
Step four: Serve and top with optional toppings.
We love serving our taco soup with anything we would put in tacos. Here are a few ideas.
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Tortilla strips
How to make Taco Soup in the Slow Cooker:
Yes, you can easily make this in the slow cooker. Just cook your ground beef and add all the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker. Super simple to make! I have a full recipe on how to do this here, Slow Cooker Taco Soup.
Can I freeze this soup?
Yes, taco soup is really simple to freeze. Once it's done allow it to cool completely then add it to a large freezer bag or into individual bags or freezer safe containers for a single serving.
Keep in the freezer for 3-4 months. Allow thawing in the fridge then reheat in the stovetop or microwave.
How long is taco soup good for?
Taco soup doesn't last long in our house, because I can eat it for all 3 meals of every day. This soup will last 5 to 7 days in your refrigerator. Store in an airtight container with a sealed lid.
Other Easy Soup Recipes You'll Love:
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 15 oz Corn
- 2 cups Salsa
- 2 can Green chilies (4 oz each)
- 15 oz Black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tablespoons Taco seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons Dry Ranch mix
- 2 cups Beef broth
- Optional for topping: sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, cilantro.
- In a large pot cook ground beef, crumbling, and stir occasionally until browned. Drain fat and return to stovetop.
- Add corn, salsa, chilies, black beans, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix and mix together well.
- Pour in beef broth and allow to simmer on medium/low for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve and top with optional toppings.