Loaded with all your taco favorites this Creamy Taco Soup is my all time favorite soup. Made with ground beef, chunky salsa, corn, beans, and seasons. It's simple to make and full of flavor.
I love tacos! It's been my favorite food since birth and I could eat them every and in every form. Taco soup is one of my favorites and I make it no lie once a week. I love making a big batch to eat on for lunch during the week but It's also my favorite meal to bring to new mamas or sick friends. Everyone loves it and it's so simple to make. I serve mine with sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla stipes.
What you need:
- Ground beef (or ground turkey)
- Green chilies (for less spice use Rotel instead)
- Black beans
- Taco seasoning
- Ranch seasoning
- Half and half
How to make Creamy Taco Soup:
Step one: Cook and crumble ground beef in a large soup pot then drain fat once cooked.
Step two: To your soup pot add in corn, salsa, chilies, black beans, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix and mix together well.
Step three: Pour in beef broth and allow to simmer on medium or low heat for 30-40 minutes. Add half and half and mix to combine.
I served topped with sour cream, cheese, fresh cilantro, lime, or tortilla chips.
Can I make this in the slow cooker?
To make this recipe in the slow cooker you would want to start by cooking and crumbling your ground beef on the stove top. Drain the fat then add the cooked beef to your slow cooker. Add in all the remaining ingredients except for the half and half. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high got 4-5 hours. Once cooked add in half and half and stir. Serve and enjoy.
Love taco soup? Try these next:
- Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- 30 Minutes Taco Soup
- Spicy Taco Soup
- Cheesy Taco Soup
- Ground Turkey Taco Soup
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Taco Soup
Creamy Taco Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 15 oz corn
- 2 cups salsa
- 5 oz green chilies
- 15 oz black beans
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons dry ranch mix
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¾ cup half and half
- In a large pot cook ground beef, crumbling and stir occasionally until browned. Drain fat and return to stove top.
- Add corn, salsa, chilies, black beans, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix and mix together well.
- Pour in beef broth and allow to simmer on medium/low for 30-40 minutes. Add half and half and mix to combine.
- Optional: serve topped with sour cream, cheese, fresh cilantro, lime, or tortilla chips.