Loaded with all your taco favorites this Creamy Taco Soup is my all-time favorite soup. Made with ground beef, chunky salsa, corn, beans, and seasons. It's simple to make and full of flavor.
I love tacos! It's been my favorite food since birth, and I could eat them every and in every form. Taco soup is one of my favorites and I make it no lie once a week.
I love making a big batch to eat on for lunch during the week but It's also my favorite meal to bring to new mamas or sick friends.
Everyone loves it and it's so simple to make. I serve mine with sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla strips.
How to make Creamy Taco Soup:
This soup is one of my favorites to make for lunch or dinner. it's easy to make and the nice thing is it can be made in just one pot! An easy meal and easy cleanup with only one pot.
Cook your ground beef, and then in the same pot add your other ingredients. Bring it all to a simmer for about 40 minutes.
Serve topped with sour cream, cheddar cheese, fresh jalapenos, and tortilla chips.
- Ground beef: You can also use ground turkey or ground chicken for this recipe.
- Corn: I used canned corn
- Salsa: Use your favorite jar of salsa.
- Green chilies: If you want less spice try using Rotel which is a mix of tomatoes and green chilies.
- Black beans
- Taco seasoning & Ranch seasoning
- Broth: You can use any broth you have on hand
- Half and half: This is what makes your soup creamy. Half and half is a mix of half milk and half cream.
Step one: Cook and crumble ground beef in a large soup pot then drain fat once cooked.
Step two: To your soup pot add in corn, salsa, chilies, black beans, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix and mix together well.
Step three: Pour in beef broth and allow to simmer on medium or low heat for 30-40 minutes. Add half and half and mix to combine.
I served topped with sour cream, cheese, fresh cilantro, lime, or tortilla chips.
Can I make this in the slow cooker?
To make this recipe in the slow cooker you would want to start by cooking and crumbling your ground beef on the stove top.
Drain the fat then add the cooked beef to your slow cooker.
Add in all the remaining ingredients except for the half and half. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high got 4-5 hours.
Once cooked add in half and half and stir. Serve and enjoy.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Creamy Taco Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 15 oz corn
- 2 cups salsa
- 5 oz green chilies
- 15 oz black beans
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons dry ranch mix
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¾ cup half and half
- In a large pot cook ground beef, crumbling and stir occasionally until browned. Drain fat and return to stove top.
- Add corn, salsa, chilies, black beans, taco seasoning, dry ranch mix and mix together well.
- Pour in beef broth and allow to simmer on medium/low for 30-40 minutes. Add half and half and mix to combine.
- Optional: serve topped with sour cream, cheese, fresh cilantro, lime, or tortilla chips.