Get into the fall spirit with a fun and delicious Candy Corn Poke Cake.
I'm honestly not always a cake person. I would prefer ice cream, pie, or even a cheesecake any day. This Candy Corn Poke Cake though quickly changed my mind. I love poke cake because it really ensures your cake will never be dry! It was easy to make, but I will warn you before you get started it does take time! You are going to want to make this cake ahead of time so it has time to sit in the fridge overnight.
Let's get cooking!
Candy Corn Poke Cake
- 1 box White cake mix Follow Ingredients and Directions on Cake Mix Box
- Food coloring yellow and orange (I couldn't find orange and used a mix of red and yellow)
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tub Whipped topping
- 1 cup Candy Corn
- Make your cake batter and evenly separate into three separate bowls. Add food coloring to turn one yellow, one orange, and then leave one white. (if you can't find orange you can use yellow and red)
- Spread your yellow batter into a greased 9X13 pan. Place your pan in the freeze, laying flat, for 20 minutes.
- Carefully add your orange batter on top and evenly spread it out. Place back into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Finally, add your white batter to the top.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and set your cake on top of the stove while it preheats. Allow it to sit out and for about 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake according to your package directions. Remove from oven and poke wholes into cake. You are going to want to use something that is about the same shape and size as a straw. Pour in your sweetened condensed milk to each whole and overtop of your cake.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight. Top with whipped topping and candy corn and serve!