These Crispy Baked Lemon Pepper Wings are baked in the oven and then brushed with a buttery lemon pepper sauce. They make the perfect appetizer that we love serving with ranch dressing for dipping.
Chicken wings are one of my favorite things. While I admit that I usually go for the buffalo flavor (I love the spice) my husband prefers something a little more mild. These Crispy Baked Lemon Pepper Wings are perfect! They are baked crispy and then coated in a lemon pepper sauce. Simple to make and taste amazing, can't ask for much more then that.
How to bake chicken wings:
When baking your wings you want to bake them on a baking sheet lined with foil. A baking rack is ideal to but this wings can be backed without them you will just want to flip the chicken half way though.
I love using the baking rack so my chicken wings stay out of any liquid that might gather on the baking sheet. This way the chicken stays crispy. Like I said before if you don't have a baking rack so skip this recipe! It still will taste great just make sure to flip the chicken to keep it from getting to soggy.
How to make crispy chicken wings:
To make sure your chicken is nice and crispy you want to start with thawed chicken wings. I bought a large frozen bag and allowed it to thaw in the fridge overnight. Then I rinsed them and patted them all dry. The less water on the chicken the better.
I then patted them with flour for a crispy layer. They come out perfectly every time.
How to make Crispy Baked Lemon Pepper Wings:
Step one: Preheat your and prepare a baking sheet.
Step two: Rinse and then pat chicken wings dry. The less water on your chicken the better.
Step three: Whisk together flour with salt and pepper then place in a shallow bowl and roll each chicken wing in the flour.
Step four: Place prepared chicken onto a your baking rack. Once all chicken is coated with flour spray them all with your cooking spray. If you don't have cooking spray then you can very lightly brush with oil.
Step five: Bake them until fully cooked. Meanwhile melt butter and mix with lemon pepper seasoning. Add more to taste as needed.
Step six: Brush this on your fully cooked wings and allow to set for several minutes before serving.
Here are a few more lemon pepper chicken recipes that I think you are going to love!
Lemon Pepper Chicken Tenders: These are a favorite in my house! My kids love chicken tenders but sometimes we need to change it up a little. These are simple to make and taste amazing.
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken and Rotini: I love a good slow cooker meal! This is made with a creamy chicken sauce and then tossed in rotini.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Drumsticks: We make drumsticks a lot around here and this recipe is so good! My husband would say it's his all time favorite.
Crispy Baked Lemon Pepper Wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings (if using frozen make sure they are complete thawed before cooking)
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning (more to taste)
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with alumni foil and a baking rack.
- Rinse then pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel and set aside. Whisk together flour with salt and pepper then place in a shallow bowl and roll each chicken wing in the flour.
- Place prepared chicken onto a your baking rack. Once all chicken is coated with flour spray them all with your cooking spray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Meanwhile melt butter and mix with lemon pepper seasoning. Add more to taste as needed. Brush this on your fully cooked wings and allow to set for 5-8 minutes before serving.