Need an easy fall treat? Try these yummy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Squares.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Squares
It’s fall y’all! Which means pumpkin everything! I don’t think I could get tired of it! Fall is my favorite time of year. This past weekend we got to go to the BEST pumpkin patch! We did it all, hayrides, cow trains, corn kernel play, corn maze, and funnel cake. It was the best kind of day! My youngest keeps asking if we can go back to the farm! Most the time at the pumpkin patch everyone wanted the biggest pumpkin but my kids are determined to find the smallest ones! We came after a fun day with the two tiniest pumpkins and snacked on these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Squares.
Time to start cooking! You want to start with butter and sugar and beat it in a stand mixer or in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Next add your egg, vanilla, and pumpkin! Mix it all up until it’s well combined and smooth.
Slowly whisk in your dry ingredients in with the wet. Whisk until well combined. Spoon out these ingredients into a greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top with chocolate chips! Pop it back into the oven for 5- 10 more minutes until fully cooked. Serve and enjoy! They taste great warm or cooled.
- Butter unsalted at room temperature, 1 cup
- Granulated sugar 1 1/2 cups
- Egg 1
- Vanilla extract 2 tsp
- Pumpkin puree 1 cup
- All-purpose flour 2 cups
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Salt 3/4 tsp
- Pumpkin pie spice 1 tbsp
- Chocolate chips 1 cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl with a hand mixer cream together butter and sugar. Continue to beat butter and sugar together until smooth. Once smooth add egg, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Slowing mix these dry ingredients in with the wet.
- Bake for 30 minutes remove from the oven and top with chocolate chips. Return to oven for 5-10 more minutes until your squares are cooked through and a toothpick or fork inserted could come out cleaned.
- Slice into squares and serve!
More Recipes for YOU: