Mac and Cheese is a classic dinner comfort food, but this Mac and Cheese Bites takes that dinner and turns it into the best appetizer you will ever have!
I have a lot of Macaroni and Cheese recipes on the blog. Serving mac and cheese as a main dish is a regular dinner in our house. Well, when we were having a small party I wanted to make these Mac and Cheese Bites for an appetizer. I use my Velveeta Mac and Cheese recipe as the base for this.
How to make Mac and Cheese Bites:
These Mac and Cheese Bites are the perfect appetizer or side dish for your parties and gatherings. Creamy macaroni and cheese with a buttery cracker crust baked to perfection. One good thing about this recipe, you can make some extra Mac and Cheese along with it for a bowl of that for lunch.
- Macaroni Noodles
- Velveeta Cheese - cubed
- Cheddar Cheese - shredded
- Half and Half
- Ritz Crackers - crushed
- Butter - melted
- Cheddar Cheese - shredded
Can I make these ahead of time?
These Mac and Cheese Bites are great to make ahead of time. You can make these 2 or 3 days in advance even! Store them in an airtight food container in the refrigerator. Make sure they are fully cooled before storing in the containers. Stack them all in the container, separated by a layer of wax or parchment paper.
How do I reheat this recipe?
You can reheat these Mac and Cheese Bites two different ways. You can place them on a baking sheet and reheat in the over for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Or put them on a plate and pop them in the microwave for about 2 minutes!
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Mac and Cheese Bites
Mac and Cheese Filling:
- 3 cups Macaroni noodles
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cup Half and half
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Cook macaroni according to the package's directions then drain and return to the pot.
- Over low heat add cubed Velveeta cheese, butter, and shredded cheddar cheese to your cooked macaroni noodles and stir. Pour in half and half and then mix again.
- Prepare a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and preheat your oven to 275 degrees F.
- To prepare your crust add crushed crackers, melted butter, and shredded cheese to a small mixing bowl. Mix together.
- Spoon crust mixture into prepared mini muffin tin and press firmly until crust us packed in.
- Spoon in prepared Mac and cheese to each mini muffin crust. Place in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes or until just the tops of the Mac and cheese is golden.
- Remove Mac and Cheese Bites from the oven and allow them to sit in the mini muffin tin for 10-15 minutes before attempting to take them out of the pan.
- For easy removal run a knife around the edges of each Mac and Cheese Bite and remove. Serve warm and enjoy.