This Broccoli Mac and Cheese is a creamy and cheesy twist to the classic comfort food we all love and enjoy. Pasta cooked perfectly with a creamy cheese sauce and steamed broccoli added to it make this a great meal.
The most famous and classic of all comfort foods just got healthier. I swear adding Broccoli to Mac and Cheese makes it healthy, right? All jokes aside, you would be surprised how good Broccoli Mac and Cheese is! Broccoli and cheese just fits together so well.
Take my Cheesy Broccoli Casserole or my Broccoli Cheese Soup and you can see that cheese and broccoli are a perfect match. Now I had to add broccoli to my Mac and Cheese and share it with you all.
How to make Broccoli Mac and Cheese:
This recipe is very simple to make. Follow along with my directions below or make your favorite Mac and Cheese like my Stovetop Mac and Cheese for this recipe. Make your mac and cheese, steam your broccoli and then mix them all together. Serve and enjoy!
- Macaroni Noodles
- Velveeta Cheese Cubed
- Cheddar Cheese - shredded.
- Half and Half
- Broccoli Florets - steamed
Step Three - Pour in half and half and then mix again until cheesy is melted and smooth.
Step Four - Stir in steamed broccoli then serve and enjoy.
Tips for great Mac and Cheese:
- Cheese: For a stronger cheese flavor use a Cheddar Cheese block and shred it. Store bought shredded cheese is what I used just to make it a tad easier, but a block of cheddar cheese does taste great.
- Cooking: Do not overcook this recipe. If you over cook your noodles beforehand, they could become mushy. Make sure they are al dente.
What are the best cheeses for Mac and Cheese?
The best cheese for a Macaroni and Cheese honestly is a good Sharp Cheddar. That melted with milk and some salt and pepper makes creamy perfection. There are some other great cheeses for mac and cheese you can use as well!
- Cheddar Cheese is definitely the king of cheeses for Mac and Cheese.
- Cream Cheese is a great addition to add some extra creaminess to your mac and cheese.
- Velveeta. While some people do not think Velveeta is a cheese worth using, it provides an almost perfect melt and coating of your noodles. Not to put him on the spot, but this is my husband's favorite kind of mac and cheese.
Try some of my other Mac and Cheese recipes:
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese - Nothing better than comfort food in your slow cooker! I love this recipe for Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese. It's my favorite way to make mac and cheese and comes out perfect every time!
Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese - This Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese is loaded with pork that has been smoked for 8 hours, sharp cheddar cheese, and your favorite BBQ sauce. It is a comfort food, so comforting you will be craving it for days.
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese - Everyone's favorite comfort food made in the Instant Pot. This Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is the best recipe for Mac and Cheese, and it is made in 10 minutes!
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Broccoli Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups Macaroni noodles
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese cubed
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 ½ cup Half and half
- 1 ½ cups Broccoli florets (steamed)
- Start by cooking the macaroni according to the package's directions then drain and return to the pot.
- Add cubed Velveeta cheese, butter, and shredded cheddar cheese to your cooked macaroni noodles and stir over a low heat.
- Pour in half and half and then mix again until cheesy is melted and smooth.
- Stir in steamed broccoli then serve and enjoy.
Leave a Reply