Nothing better than comfort food in your slow cooker! I love this recipe for Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese. It's my favorite way to make mac and cheese and comes out perfect every time!
My kids LOVE mac and cheese. It's the one meal they would never turn down. Can you blame them though? Carbs covered in cheese, it's kind of amazing!
I've made Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese several times in the past and even have updated this recipe. I also skipped the milk this time and just did half and half.
This is my final update because I think I found the PERFECT recipe for Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese.
This is truly the BEST Mac and cheese recipe. It's so simple to make and tastes amazing. I make this one for almost every holiday or event and everyone loves it.
How to make Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese:
So this recipe is super easy to make. Yes, like almost all of my recipes, this is another one that is easy for anyone to make.
Cook your noodles according to box directions. While they are cooking cut your Velveeta cheese into cubes.
Then when the noodles are al dente, add all ingredients to your slow cooker and cook for about another hour.
- Macaroni Noodles
- Velveeta Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- Half and Half
Step One - Cook macaroni according to the package's directions. Drain and place in slow cooker.
Step Two - Cut cheese block into cubes and place on top of noodles. Add shredded cheddar cheese, butter, and the half and half.
Step Three - Mix all the ingredients together in the slow cooker so everything is spread out nicely.
Step Four - Cook on low for 1 hour or on high for 30 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted. Remove lid and stir well until all the melted cheese has coated the noodles. Cook for an addition 15-20 minutes.
Step Five - Serve hot. Top with fresh parsley or serve with some kielbasa.
Tips for great Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese:
- For a stronger cheese flavor use a Cheddar Cheese block and shred it. Store bought shredded cheese is what I used just to make it a tad easier, but a block of cheddar cheese does taste great.
- Do not over cook this recipe. If you over cook your noodles beforehand they could become mushy. Make sure they are al dente and then only cook for 1 hour.
- If you do not want to cook your noodles ahead of time, rinse them off then cook with the other ingredients for about 2 hours. You make need to add some more half and half with uncooked pasta.
What should I serve with Mac and Cheese?
- Kielbasa - this is a family favorite with our Mac and Cheese. Slice it up and cook it on a skillet then serve right on top of your Mac and Cheese.
- Garlic Green Beans - Crispy and delicious and one of the best ways to make green beans. These Baked Garlic Green Beans are simple to make and gives a new taste to your favorite vegetable.
- Cream Corn - This Cream Corn is a classic side dish recipe. Just like my grandma would make, it's perfectly creamy and tastes amazing.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups Macaroni noodles
- 16 oz Velveeta cheese
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 ½ cup Half and half
- Cook macaroni according to the package's directions. Drain and place in slow cooker.
- Cut cheese block into cubes and place on top of noodles. Add shredded cheddar cheese, butter, and the half and half.
- Cook on low for 1 hour or on high for 30 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted. Remove lid and stir well until all the melted cheese has coated the noodles. Cook for an addition 15-20 minutes.