This White Cheddar Cheese is so rich and creamy it rivals the famous Panera Mac and Cheese. While this may not be a copycat recipe, it tastes so great and is super gooey and creamy everyone will love it!
Mac and Cheese is one of the all-time favorite side dishes or main courses for tons of people! Restaurants have been serving mac and cheese all different ways, and one of the classic but best is Panera's Mac and Cheese. This recipe is as close of a copycat to Paner's Mac and Cheese as you can get! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
How to make White Cheddar Mac and Cheese:
This recipe is made just like all my other mac and cheese recipes on the blog. From my Stovetop Mac and Cheese to my Velveeta Mac and Cheese this recipe starts by boiling the noodles to al dente and making the cheese sauce. Once the noodles are ready mix them in with the cheese sauce and heat them up together. Serve and enjoy.
- Small Pasta Shells
- Unsalted Butter
- All-Purpose Flour
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Milk - I used 2% for this recipe.
- White Cheddar Cheese - shredded
Can I use bag shredded cheese for this recipe?
Bagged shredded cheese is not the best option for Macaroni and Cheese.
Bagged shredded cheese usually has additives that help the shelf life of shredded cheese last longer.
You want to use a fresh White Cheddar Cheese block and shred it yourself for the best cheese option.
How to store Macaroni and Cheese:
Mac and Cheese is easily stored in an airtight container. It can be stored in the refrigerator for about 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
I love making extra so I have leftovers, and it is a great meal to send over to family or friends who can use a meal.
What should I serve with Mac and Cheese?
Kielbasa - this is a family favorite with our Mac and Cheese. Slice it up and cook it on a skillet then serve right on top of your Mac and Cheese.
Garlic Green Beans - Crispy and delicious and one of the best ways to make green beans. These Baked Garlic Green Beans are simple to make and gives a new taste to your favorite vegetable.
Cream Corn - This Cream Corn is a classic side dish recipe. Just like my grandma would make, it's perfectly creamy and tastes amazing.
If you tried any of my recipes, I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- 6-QT Pot
- 16 oz small pasta shells
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon onion powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 4 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 4 cups white cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Once cooked drain.
- Meanwhile prepare your cheese sauce by melting butter in a pot over medium heat.
- Mix all seasoning in with your flour. Once butter is melted sprinkle in seasoned flour while whisking until butter and flour are combined.
- Slowly whisk in milk about ½ cup at a time. Stir constantly while bringing to a boil. Keep stirring allowing your sauce to thicken. This could take 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in shredded cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add in cooked and drain pasta and stir until pasta is coated in cheese sauce.
We just had your White Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese recipe tonight. It was absolutely delicious. From now on I will only make your Macaroni & Cheese. We also made your Baked Barbecue chicken Tenders recipe. The chicken was fantastic! Thank You for making my dinner excellent!!
Thank you so much for letting me know! I am so glad you liked it so well!