Crispy and delicious and one of the best ways to make green beans. These Baked Garlic Green Beans are simple to make and gives a new taste to your favorite vegetable.
Is it just me or do green beans get a bad rep? Most people I know (including my kids) green beans are there least favorite vegetable. They are actually one of my favorites! I was such a picky eater when I was younger but believe it or not, I always loved green beans.
It was actually my mother in law who taught me to make my Parmesan Garlic Skillet Green Beans. This recipe is just as crispy and tastes so good, it may be tied with my skillet green beans. If you love green beans then you will have to try them both!
How to make Baked Garlic Green Beans:
I love making my green beans in the oven. I toss them with oil and then season them with garlic, salt, and then pepper. I love how simple this recipe is and it makes the perfect side dish recipe.
- Green Beans
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
Step one: Start by preheating your and then prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place green beans on a baking sheet.
Step two: Pour olive oil over green beans, garlic powder, and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Use a spatula to mix until green beans are evenly coated.
Step Three: Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked. Serve and enjoy!
Types of Green Beans:
- Fresh: When using fresh green beans make sure to rinse and trim first. Fresh green beans will take longer to cook if you want them very tender. If you like very tender green beans then I suggest you boil them for 3-4 minutes first them place them on a skillet to crisp.
- Frozen: I used frozen green beans for this recipe that I allowed to partially thaw. Once they are somewhat thawed then you can add them to the skillet and follow the directions.
- Canned: I suggest not using canned green beans for this recipe. I find they don't get have the same taste or texture that fresh or frozen does.
Can I use frozen green beans:
If you are using frozen green beans you will want to allow them to sit out or rise with lukewarm water and pat dry. I suggest 10-15 minutes for baking.
Frozen and thawed green beans will take close to 10 while fresh green beans could take 15.
How to prepare fresh green beans:
Fresh Green Beans are very easy to prepare. Give them a good rinse, and then pat them dry. Don't over wash them as they are somewhat delicate, and you don't want to bruise them. Cut the tips off and then get then put them on the baking sheet and prepare.
What to serve with Roasted Ranch Green Beans:
Do you love green beans as much as I do? Check out these recipes next:
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Baked Garlic Green Beans
- 1 pound Green Beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place green beans on a baking sheet (if using frozen green beans allow to sit out or rise with lukewarm water and pat dry)
- Pour olive oil over green beans, garlic powder, and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Use a spatula to mix until green beans are evenly coated.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked. Serve and enjoy!