These Slow Cooker Green Beans are the best way to serve green beans! Full of flavor and cooked low and slow, they are a must-try!
Green beans have to be my favorite vegetable! My mom said I wouldn't eat them as a kid but as long as I can remember they have been a favorite of mine.
The best way to make them though is low and slow... and with bacon!
These Slow Cooker Green Beans are the best way to make them! Just toss them into the slow cooker and let it cook. That's all you need to do!
Best way to make Green Beans:
Green beans are a classic vegetable that can be made some many different ways.
Yes, even in a slow cooker! I love making green beans in the slow cooker.
Cooking bacon before hand, and then adding that cooked bacon in to the slow cooker, gives these green beans amazing flavor!
- Green Beans
- Vegetable Broth
- Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Optional: Reserved Bacon Grease
Step One: Cook and crumble the bacon.
- Optional: I reserved a few tablespoons of bacon grease from my bacon and add it to my green beans in the slow cooker.
Step two: Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours or until green beans are tender.
Green beans and bacon grease:
When I cooked my bacon I saved some of the bacon greases to add to the broth. You just need a few tablespoons to boost the flavor but you could skip this and still have amazing green beans in the slow cooker.
What type of green beans:
For this recipe, I used fresh green beans that I washed and diced. Frozen green beans would also work but I prefer making this recipe with fresh.
Love green beans as much as I do? Check out these recipes next:
Chicken and Green Bean Casserole: This recipe is a favorite of mine! It's an entire recipe in on casserole dish and loaded with flavor.
Garlic Asian Green Beans: Need a fresh and new way to make green beans? This recipe is one to try. It's so simple to make and taste amazing.
Green Bean Casserole: This recipe has been on our table for holidays and special dinners for years. It's so simple to make and taste amazing.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Green Beans
- 2 pounds green beans
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ pound bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- optional: reserved bacon grease.
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker. Optional: I reserved a few tablespoons of bacon grease from my bacon and add it to my green beans in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours or until green beans are tender.
- Tip - After cooking the bacon, set aside some of the bacon grease to add to the slow cooker for an additional flavor upgrade!
Leave a Reply