You know a dish is good when everyone in the family goes up for seconds! This Chicken and Green Bean Casserole is a simple recipe and the perfect comfort food!
It officially falls this Friday! I'm not going to lie I am in full fall mode by September 1st but at least by Friday, I will not feel so crazy for wearing scarves and eating anything and everything with pumpkin flavoring. Another favorite of mine, fall food! I love casseroles, slow cooker recipes, soups, and fall comfort food. This Chicken and Green Bean Casserole just screams fall food to me! Creamy, cheesy, and topped with stuffing, sounds amazing right? I made this dinner for us again last week and everyone (even the kids) loved it! I think it's one of my all time favorite casseroles and I'm really wishing I had leftovers right about now as I write this and drool over the pictures.
Just take a look at that golden and crispy stuffing! Nothing is more fall then stuffing am I right? For this recipe, I took the easy way out because sometimes when you have three kids, a dog, and a husband to care for you just need dinner to be easy! Amen?! I used box stuffing and cream of mushroom soup. If you have lots of extra time you can, of course, make your own stuffing and homemade cream of mushroom soup but I promise it tastes amazing made almost homemade also!
Go ahead and prepare your stuffing then set it aside. In a casserole dish add bite-size chicken pieces until fully cooked then add green beans. I used frozen because that is what I had on hand but fresh would work also. Just cook them with the chicken until tender. If you use frozen you may have to drain any excess water before moving on. Time to make this dish creamy, add the milk and cream of mushroom soup to the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes then add it to your casserole dish. Next the cheesy, I topped this part with shredded mozzarella cheese and then finished it off with the prepared stuffing. Bake it all together until, ta-da, dinner is ready!
Here are a few more of my favorite casserole dishes:
Chicken and Rice Casserole: This one is a classic! A casserole dish that my mom served for dinner growing up that I know get to share with my kids.
Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole: This recipe is my husbands favorite. He even went as far as to say it's my favorite recipe of all time!
Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole: Nothing is better than a cheesy casserole. This one is PERFECT for leftover ham.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Chicken and Green Bean Casserole
- 1 box chicken stuffing (6oz)
- 1 pound chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ pound frozen green beans
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10.5 oz)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Cook stuffing according to package directions and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a casserole dish with no stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Dice chicken into bite size pieces and place in large skillet. Cook on medium/high heat until cooked through. Add green beans to the skillet and cook until green beans have thawed and are starting to become tender. Drain any excess water and return to stove top.
- Add milk and cream of mushroom soup to skillet and mix well together. Cook for 5-6 minutes then pour all skillet ingredients into your prepared casserole dish.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and prepared stuffing. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.