These Garlic Asian Green Beans are so easy to make and so full of flavor. It’s the perfect side dish and even a great healthy snack.
Garlic Asian Green Beans
Green beans are my favorite vegetable. 8 year old me is totally gaging at those words right now. I wasn’t always a fan of green beans, I was actually pretty picky eating growing up. Then as a grew up I actually tried the food that I said I hated and it turns out, I didn’t hate it at all. Green beans were the biggest one. I could eat them all the time and in any way. Since I love them and make them so much I love trying new ways to flavor them. These simple Garlic Asian Green Beans are cooked in the skillet with the perfect seasonings!
Garlic Asian Green Beans Ingredients:
- For this recipe, I started with some oil and frozen green beans. You could also use fresh green beans but I would suggest to not use canned.
- For the seasonings, I started with soy sauce. Then I added garlic, ginger, vinegar, brown sugar, water, and salt.
- Last I used sesame seeds to garnish the green beans.
How to make Garlic Asian Green Beans:
Step one: Warm oil in a large skillet and add in green beans to cook on medium heat.
Step two: In a mixing bowl whisk together all remaining ingredients. Pour this over green beans and cook until green beans are tender.
Step three: Serve warm and topped with sesame seeds.
Here are a few more recipes for all you green bean lovers out there:
Roasted Ranch Green Beans: These are so simple to make and the perfect side to any dish.
Skillet Green Beans: This recipe was a game changer for me. It is how my mother in law makes them and the BEST way to have green beans.
Green Bean Casserole: The casserole my mom made for every holiday that I claimed to hate. Turns out it’s actually a favorite of mine 😉
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
Warm oil in a large skillet and add in green beans to cook on medium heat.
In a mixing bowl whisk together all remaining ingredients. Pour this over green beans and cook until green beans are tender.
Serve warm and topped with sesame seeds.