Toss it and forget it. This simple Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce is the perfect sweet treat and so simple to make. With sliced apples and a dash of cinnamon and brown sugar this recipe is one that everyone in the family will enjoy.
My kids could drink applesauce. It's one of their favorite things and they really enjoyed making this recipe with me. I had a hard time though because one of my helpers couldn't stop eating the apple slices!
Once it was finished thought they it was a hit with the entire family. If you love apples as a dessert then make sure to also try my Slow Cooker Fried Apples. It's another family favorite.
Step one: This is such an easy recipe! Start by peeling, coring, and slicing all your apples.
- Tip: Any apple would work for this recipe but I like to use gala for fuji.
Step two: Once finished toss them in the slow cooker with the rest of the ingredients and mix.
Step three: Once it's done cooking and the apples are really tender you mash.
Step four: You can mash them with a potato masher for a thick and chunky apple sauce or use an immersion blender.
- Tip: For the texture pictured use an immersion blender or move cooked recipe to a blender and blend until smooth.
How to store Slow Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce:
You can store this in a clean mason jar or airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
If you want to make and freeze then allow your applesauce to cool and place in a freezer bag then freeze.
This can stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Here are even more of my favorite apple recipes.
If you tried this recipe or any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, and YOUTUBE.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Apple Sauce
- 3 pounds Apples (gala or red delicious work well)
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Peel, core, and slice apples then place into the slow cooker. Sprinkle on brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add water and lemon juice and mix.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours until apples are tender. Use a potato mash for a thicker texture or immersion blender for smoother and thinner texture.
Leave a Reply