This sweet cinnamon treat is made in your slow cooker and will make your house smell amazing! Slow Cooker Fried Apples, simple to make and a recipe you are going to love.
What can I make with an abundance of apples
If you have some extra apples around the house this recipe is one you want to try.
Every yeat after apple picking these Slow Cooker Fried Apples is the first thing that we make. They make the best topping for dessert or side dish recipe for just about any dinner.
What apples should I use
I love using honey crisp apples for this recipe. You can also try
- Granny smith
Once your apples are peel and sliced you can add in the rest of your ingredients. This is what you will need:
- Cornstarch: this will help thicken any liquid from this recipe.
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsalted Butter
- Lemon Juice: You can use fresh or from a bottle.
- Are these similar to Cracker Barrel Fried Apples? Yes, these apples are very similar and almost a complete copy cat recipe to the ones that you will find at Cracker Barrel Restaurant.
How to serve
- Breakfast: serve on or mixed into warm oatmeal or on top of pancakes.
- Dinner: served on the side with dinners like slow cooker cranberry pork loin or parmesan-crusted pork chops.
- Dessert: serve these on their own, on top of ice cream, or topped with whipped cream.
More slow cooker recipes that I think you are going to LOVE
3 Ingredient Meatballs: This is the BEST for parties! Just dump it all into the slow cooker and serve right out of the slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Sweet Kielbasa: Another one that is perfect to serve as an appetizer. Simple to make and taste amazing.
Slow Cooker Apple Cider: The perfect fall drink. I LOVE homemade apple cider and making in the slow cooker it the best.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us, or use hashtag #TDOARH
Slow Cooker Fried Apples
- 3 pounds honey crisp apples (peeled and sliced)
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Add apples to the slow cooker and all remaining ingredients. Mix well until all apples are coated.
- Cook covered for 2 hours on high or until apples are tender.
What apples should I use for Fried Apples?I love using honey crisp apples for this recipe. You can also try
- Granny smith
How to serve Fried Apples: