Pancakes are my family's favorite breakfast! I've been making this Pancake Recipe for years and it is my favorite! I even keep a homemade pancake mix on hand which makes breakfast super easy!
I probably make pancakes for the family at least once a week.
My boys love them, I think my oldest son could eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Can you blame him though? Fluffy carbs covered in syrup! I'm all in!
How to make Homemade Pancakes:
This pancake recipe is very easy to make, and you probably already have the ingredients in your pantry!
Gather your ingredients mix your dry ingredients then add your wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix them all together well, but do not over mix.
Once your skillet is nice and hot, oil or butter than pan then cook the pancakes.
Top with butter, syrup, and whatever other topping you love on pancakes!
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Unsalted Butter (melted)
- Non-stick cooking spray or butter for the pan
Step One - Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
Step Two - In a separate bowl beat egg then add milk and melted butter.
Step Three - Now mix together wet and dry ingredients.
Step Four - Heat a frying pan with a small amount of butter or non-stick cooking spray. When your pan is heated pour a small amount of batter, about ¼ cup.
Step Five - When you see bubbles forming on your pancake it's ready to be flipped! Cook each side until fully cooked.
What makes a pancake fluffy?
There are a few key ingredients and tricks to making a fluffy pancake. Here's how to make sure you have the fluffiest pancakes!
First, when you are mixing your dry ingredients and wet ingredients together be careful not to overmix.
When you overmix pancake batter it causes them to become heavy and flat.
Second, let's go back to the dry ingredients.
The baking soda and baking powder are the key ingredients that cause the pancakes to become fluffy. They create a chemical reaction that create bubbles when baking.
Can I make this mix ahead of time?
As easy as it is to make these, sometimes I keep the dry ingredients mixed ahead of time so all I need to do is add the wet ingredients.
My Homemade Pancake Mix make this recipe even that much easier!
What to top your pancakes with:
Pancakes are a quick and easy breakfast, lunch or dinner to make! The next best part about making pancakes is topping them with your favorite toppings!
Here are some of my favorite pancake toppings.
- Butter - when they come off the pan, put a slap of butter on each pancake. Yes, put butter on EVERY pancake. Even if you are stacking the pancakes like in my pictures you want some butter on every one.
- Syrup - This is a MUST for all pancakes. I have a great recipe for Homemade Pancake Syrup on the blog! Store bought will work great as well!
- Fruit - I love topping my pancakes with fresh fruit. Strawberries, blueberries and bananas are some of my favorites.
- Whipped Cream - Whipped cream is the perfect sweet topping for pancakes. Add some chocolate chips on top of the whipped cream too!
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter (melted)
- non-stick cooking spray or butter for pan
- Shift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. In a separate bowl beat egg then add milk and melted butter. Now mix together wet and dry ingredients.
- Heat a frying pan with a small amount of butter or non-stick cooking spray. When your pan is heated pour a small amount of batter, about ¼ cup.
- When you see bubbles forming on your pancake it's ready to be flipped! Cook each side until fully cooked.