Nothing beats Saturday morning pancakes! This recipe for simple homemade Pancake Mix is perfect to keep in your pantry ready to mix and make pancakes. My kid could even eat them for dinner they love them so much.
Pancake Mix in the pantry:
Pancakes make the best breakfast! Growing up my husband said he would have pancakes every Saturday morning. He loved the memories of enjoying breakfast every weekend with his family and getting special time with them. I've added a big Saturday morning breakfast into our routine and I hope my kids love it just as much.
I've been making homemade pancakes for years. I always have the ingredients so they are easy to mix together instead of keeping pancake mix on hand. Mixing this up only takes a few seconds and you can mix. Keep it in the pantry for a special breakfast or even a last minute dinner, because who doesn't love a good binner.
Making Pancake Mix:
Making pancake mix is so simple. You probably have all these ingredients in your pantry already;
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Sift all these ingredients together and store them until you are ready to make pancakes.
Storing pancake mix:
I like to store mine in a mason jar or if I am making double in a larger airtight container. This dry pancake mix will be good kept in a cool dry place for at least 6 months.
When you are ready to make your pancake you just need to add the wet ingredients and then bake. For this recipe, I listed what you need for every 1 cup of pancake mix you will use. If you are using two cups then double those ingredients and so forth. Using one cup will make 3-5 pancakes depending on the size.
Step one: Beat your egg then add milk and melted butter. Mix together pancakes mix and mix until no lumps.
Step two: Heat a frying pan with a small amount of butter or non-stick cooking spray. I prefer to use unsalted butter for this recipe. When your pan is heated pour a small amount of batter, about ¼ cup.
Step three: When you see bubbles forming on your pancake it's ready to be flipped! Cook each side until fully cooked.
Here are a few more recipes that you can use this pancake mix for.
- Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Mini Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins
- Chocolate Chips Pancakes
- Pancake Muffins
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk (more as needed)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Store in a tightly sealed container in a cool dry place.
- Beat your egg then add milk and melted butter. Mix together pancakes mix and mix until no lumps.
- Heat a frying pan with a small amount of butter or non-stick cooking spray. When your pan is heated pour a small amount of batter, about ¼ cup.
- When you see bubbles forming on your pancake it's ready to be flipped! Cook each side until fully cooked.
- Store pancake mix in an airtight container in a cool/dry place for up to 6 months.
- If you are using two cups then double those ingredients and so forth.
- Using one cup will make 3-5 pancakes depending on the size.