Easily the best breakfast recipe. Chocolate Chip Pancakes topped with sticky syrup and whipped cream, the breakfast of champions.
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Does breakfast get much better than fluffy pancakes with chocolate chips and topped with whipped cream. I don't think so! Pancakes are my families all time favorite breakfast and usually what we are eating on Saturday morning. Any leftovers my kids are eating for lunch =) Make sure you have these yummy pancakes on the skillet this weekend!
How to make Chocolate Chip Pancakes:
Step one: Start by sifting together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Once mixed together well then set it aside.
Step two: In a separate bowl beat egg then add milk and melted butter. Make sure you are not adding the egg to warm butter. You don't want scrambled eggs in your pancakes. I usually will beat the egg and then mix the butter and cold milk together before adding the egg in.
Step three: Next mix together wet and dry ingredients.
Step four: Heat a frying pan with a small amount of butter or a nonstick cooking spray. When your pan is at a heated up pour a small amount of batter, about ¼ cup. Sprinkle on chocolate chips.
Step five: When you see bubbles forming on your pancake it's ready to be flipped!
Step six: Cook each side until fully cooked.
Since you probably love pancakes as much as I do 😉
Classic Pancake Recipes: I love the classic pancake. Simple to make and taste great.
Blueberry Pancakes: Something about fruit in pancakes makes me happy. These pancakes are served with warm blueberry syrup.
Pancake Mini Muffins: These pancakes muffins are my kids favorite, perfect for dipping in syrup!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk (more as needed)
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- ½ cup chocolate Chips
- Optional: top with more chocolate chips, syrup, and whipped cream.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. In a separate bowl beat egg then add milk and melted butter. Now mix together wet and dry ingredients.
- Heat a frying pan with a small amount of butter. When your pan is at a heated up pour a small amount of batter, about ¼ cup. Sprinkle on chocolate chips.
- When you see bubbles forming on your pancake it's ready to be flipped!
- Cook each side until fully cooked. Top with syrup or whipped cream and enjoy.