These deliciously seasoned Roasted Vegetables are the perfect side dish. Take your favorite vegetables, season them, and make the easiest Roasted Vegetables you've ever had. They are the best way to make Roasted Vegetables!
I never thought I would sit here and say how much I love vegetables.
I've never been to picky with food, but I would pass on Brussel sprouts and other veggies if I could.
It was just a few years ago that I started roasting veggies and it has been life changing. I've even just roasted myself some Brussel sprouts for lunch before!
I don't know what it is but tossing them in oil and seasonings then roasting them make any vegetable my favorite. This medley is the one I make the most and I love every bite.
How to make Roasted Vegetables:
Roasted veggies are sliced and cut veggies that are seasoned and oiled, the heat up at a high heat. They will get nice and crispy if roasted properly and will taste amazing.
Ingredients for Roasted Vegetables:
- Veggies: I used peppers, carrots, broccoli, onion, and Brussel sprouts.
- Oil: I used vegetable oil but you can use any oil you have on hand.
- Lemon Juice
- Seasoning: I used rosemary, oregano, dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Tip: Use whatever vegetables you want! Other great options for roasting would be Mushrooms, Zucchini, Squash,
Step one: Go ahead and get started by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F and then prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Question: Does roasting the vegetables remove all nutrients from the veggies? It may remove some, but no it does not remove the nutrients you want from veggies.
Actually cooking vegetables actually frees up the nutrients from the cell walls of that veggie, allowing you to digest those nutrients easier and better.
Step two: Next slice and dice all your veggies then place all vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
Step three: Then you want to add your oil and lemon juice and mix to coat.
- Tip: You could replace the lemon juice with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
How to Seasoned Roasted Vegetables:
It is important to note, you should pre-mix your seasonings in a small bowl before tossing in with your veggies. This will allow a more even distribution of the season, than just dumping them each, individually in the bowl. Remember to toss gently as to not break up the veggies too much.
- dried rosemary
- dried oregano
- dried dill
- garlic powder
Step four: Add all seasoning to your vegetables and mix to coat. You can add more or less to taste but I like a heavy hand with my seasonings.
- Tip: When I say dried I just mean that I am using the herbs found in a shaker bottle not using fresh herbs.
How to Cook Roasted Vegetables:
Step five: Now it's time to roast them in the oven. Place your seasoned vegetables on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until all vegetables are tender and cooked through at 400 degrees.
How to get crispy roasted vegetables:
I find the oven does a great job at getting your vegetables crispy. You want to make sure that you don't create any steam when roasting that will cause your veggies to become soggy.
To do this make sure all your veggies are laying on the pan, not on top of each other.
Laying them on top of each other will create steam and cause the veggie on the bottom to get soft and soggy instead of crispy.
Should I cover vegetables when roasting:
I do not cover when baking these. Again adding foil to your pan will trap moisture and create steam. This will cause your veggies to become very soggy and soft.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below.
You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
- 2 large bell peppers
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small head of broccoli
- ½ small red onion
- 10 brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (dried)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- ½ teaspoon dill (dried)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice bell peppers, peel and slice carrots, dice broccoli, diced red onions, and cut brussel sprouts in half. Place all vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil and lemon juice to your vegetables and mix to coat.
- Add all seasoning to your vegetables and mix to coat.
- Place your seasoned vegetables on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until all vegetables are tender and cooked through.
Leave a Reply