This Mississippi Pot Roast is a dinner game changer! Made with just 5 ingredients you will love this flavorful twist on a classic pot roast dinner!
Pot Roast is one of my favorite dinners. I love making a nice roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions! I had never heard of a Mississippi Pot Roast until someone from church told us about it.
While I love my Pot Roast recipe, this is moving up to my new favorite way to make a pot roast.
How to make Mississippi Pot Roast:
This recipe only takes 5 ingredients, very little prep, and you have an amazing meal!
Place your Chuck Roast in the slow cooker, cover it in the seasoning packets and then top with the butter and pepperoncini.
Add a little water or beef broth or the pepperoncini juice to the bottom and then cook for 8-10 hours and you are good to go!
- Chuck Roast
- Au Jus Gravy Mix
- Ranch Seasoning
- Unsalted Butter
- Pepperoncini Peppers - I used whole pepperoncini but you can use sliced if that is what you have.
Step One: Place chuck roast into the slow cooker.
Step Two: Season with au jus gravy mix and ranch seasoning.
Step Three: Place butter then pepperoncini peppers onto your seasoned roast.
- Cooking Tip: Add a little water or beef broth or pepperoncini juice to the bottom of this. About ⅓ a cup is all you need.
Step Four: Cook on low 8-10 hours until cooked through and tender.
Optional Step: Serve shredded over mashed potatoes or rice.
What is a Mississippi Pot Roast?
Mississippi Pot Roast is a chuck roast covered in seasoning, butter, and pepperoncini. The flavors of the ranch seasoning, au jus and butter calm down any heat you may expect from the pepperoncini.
It is cooked low and slow for 8 to 10 hours in a slow cooker, and that just brings out the amazing flavors in the meat.
While there is no official history behind the name, it was just originated from a chef in Mississippi. If our friend from church had not of told us about this, I may have never heard about it!
How do you serve Mississippi Pot Roast?
I typically serve mine on a layer of mashed potatoes. You can make your own or buy a premade family style mashed potatoes.
Now I have a lot of different mashed potato recipes on my blog, so I'll just give you the World's Best Mashed Potato recipe to use. You also can serve this on a bed of buttered white rice if you would like!
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Mississippi Pot Roast
- 1 (3-4 pound) chuck roast
- 1 oz au jus gravy mix (1 packet)
- 1 oz ranch seasoning ( 1 packet)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 8 whole pepperoncini peppers
- Place chuck roast into the slow cooker. Season with au jus gravy mix and ranch seasoning.
- Place butter then pepperoncini peppers onto your seasoned roast.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours until cooked through and tender.
- Optional: Serve shredded over mashed potatoes or rice.