The most perfect Baked BBQ Chicken. Full of flavor and cooked moist, tender, and delicious! Add this recipe to your dinner menu this week.
Baked BBQ Chicken
Chicken breast is made in our house several times a week. It’s easy to make and something my kids love. I mean who doesn’t love chicken! I love coming up with new ways to make it and this Baked BBQ Chicken is favorite of ours. It’s a classic really but a simple way to dress up a chicken breast and make it something new. This recipe is full of flavor and cooked to perfection. We have BBQ chicken at least once a week either this recipe or another family favorite my Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks. I actually have lots of BBQ Chicken recipes so make sure to check out the rest when you are done with this one.
- BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
- Slow Cooker Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Honey BBQ Chicken Bites
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders
How to make Baked BBQ Chicken:
Step one: Start by preheating your oven.
Step two: Put your chicken is a large bag and add in your oil then massage it into your chicken.
Step three: Next add in your seasonings.Again massage your chicken then dump everything into a casserole dish.
Step four: Bake for half an hour then remove chicken and brush with bbq sauce.
Step five: Place your chicken back into the oven and allow it to bake for a few more minutes until your chicken is cooked though.
Step six: Last allow your chicken to rest outside the oven then it’s time to eat.
How long should I bake BBQ chicken:
This chicken takes a total of 40 minutes to bake. I used large not frozen chicken breast. I baked it for 30 minutes then removed it to brush with my sauce. Then baked it for an additional 10 minutes. Depending on the size of your chicken breast you could need more time. If you need more then 10 minutes to get your chicken to a safe temperature I would suggest brushing it with bbq sauce again then placing it back into the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes to cook.
What goes good with BBQ Chicken:
BBQ chicken has become a stable in my house. Its simple to make and a dish that my entire family enjoys. Here are a few ideas on what to serve with your bbq chicken.
- Mashed Potatoes (these are the BEST!)
- Roasted Ranch Green Beans
- Cheesy Potatoes (these are made in the slow cooker!)
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Parmesan Garlic Potatoes
- Cheesy Corn Casserole (this one is my favorite with bbq chicken)
Here are a few more ideas for any leftover chicken breast:
Baked Chicken Fajitas: Chicken fajitas are my favorite! I These are all baked in the oven and covered in cheese.
Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken: I love buffalo chicken! This recipe is coated is hot sauce and covered in crunchy breadcrumbs!
Taco Lime Chicken Breast: This easy recipe only takes three simple ingredients and taste amazing!
Baked BBQ Chicken
- 4 large chicken breast
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place chicken is a large baggy with oil and massage into chicken. Add in paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Massage chicken again and dump everything into a casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove chicken. Brush with bbq sauce and then place back into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and at a safe temperature.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.