The most perfect Baked BBQ Chicken. Full of flavor and cooked moist, tender, and delicious! Add this recipe to your dinner menu this week.
Chicken breast is made in our house several times a week. It's easy to make and something my kids love. I mean who doesn't love chicken!
I love coming up with new ways to make it and this Baked BBQ Chicken is a favorite of ours.
It's a classic really but a simple way to dress up a chicken breast and make it something new.
This recipe is full of flavor and cooked to perfection. We have BBQ chicken at least once a week either this recipe or another family favorite my Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks. I actually have lots of BBQ Chicken recipes so make sure to check out the rest when you are done with this one.
How to make Baked BBQ Chicken:
Baking chicken is a simple process that people all over the world do on a daily basis. Whether baking chicken in the oven or in the slow cooker, the final product really depends on how you marinate, sauce, spice, or season the chicken.
For this BBQ Chicken recipe, I like to marinate my chicken breasts in some oil and the seasonings ahead of time.
Then when preparing to bake we cover them in the BBQ sauce. Easy to make and it results in a super moist and juicy, and flavorful chicken breast.
Next, you just need to figure out what to serve with the chicken! My Best Side Dish Recipes to Serve with Chicken Roundup will be perfect for you to figure out a companion to this dinner.
- Chicken Breasts - I used large ones for this recipe.
- Oil - Olive oil is my go-to oil, but vegetable oil will work fine as well.
- Garlic Powder
- BBQ Sauce - Use your favorite brand of BBQ sauce for this recipe!
Step one: Start by preheating your oven.
Step two: Put your chicken in a large bag and add in your oil then massage it into your chicken.
Step three: Next add in your seasonings. Again, massage your chicken then dump everything into a casserole dish.
Step four: Bake for half an hour then remove chicken and brush with bbq sauce.
Step five: Place your chicken back into the oven and allow it to bake for a few more minutes until your chicken is cooked through.
Step six: Last allow your chicken to rest outside the oven then it's time to eat.
How long should I bake BBQ chicken:
This chicken takes a total of 40 minutes to bake. I used large raw, not frozen chicken breast. I baked it for 30 minutes then removed it to brush with my sauce.
Then baked it for an additional 10 minutes. Depending on the size of your chicken breast you could need more time.
If you need more than 10 minutes to get your chicken to a safe temperature, I would suggest brushing it with BBQ sauce again then placing it back into the oven for an additional 5-10 minutes to cook.
What goes good with BBQ Chicken:
BBQ chicken has become a staple in my house. It's simple to make and a dish that my entire family enjoys. Here are a few ideas on what to serve with your BBQ chicken.
- Mashed Potatoes (these are the BEST!)
- Roasted Ranch Green Beans
- Cheesy Potatoes (these are made in the slow cooker!)
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Parmesan Garlic Potatoes
- Cheesy Corn Casserole (this one is my favorite with bbq chicken)
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Baked BBQ Chicken
- 4 large chicken breast
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place chicken in a large baggy with oil and massage into chicken. Add in paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Massage chicken again and dump everything into a casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes then remove chicken. Brush with BBQ sauce and then place back into the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and at a safe temperature.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.