This classic Baked Chicken Breast is one of our favorites. This chicken stays moist and is seasoned perfectly. It's my go-to recipe when making chicken and it comes out perfect each time.
Chicken is served a lot in my home. It's easy to make and my kids love it, can't really go wrong there.
This Baked Chicken Breast is my go-to recipe for just a classic chicken. With just a few simple seasons and a few hours in the fridge, this chicken comes out perfect every time.
How to make Baked Chicken Breasts:
This recipe for baking chicken breasts is very easy. I start with marinating the chicken in a bag for about 24 hours.
This recipe for baked chicken is as simple as it gets with very few ingredients needed. Two main ingredients and then whatever seasoning you want. I share how to season and marinade these breasts in the next step.
- Chicken breasts - boneless and skinless
- Oil - I used vegetable or olive oil. Any oil you use for cooking will work.
How to season Baked Chicken Breast:
To season this chicken I started with vegetable oil. You can use other oils but remember some oils like olive oil can change the taste while vegetable is very mild. I then used the following seasonings and whisked them together with the oil:
Below I have how much I used of each but you can, of course, add these seasonings to taste.
Step One: Start by placing your chicken into a large freezer bag. I will let these marinate for about 24 hours, but you do not have to.
- Tip: If you do not have a large freezer bag you can marinade in a large bowl. Just cover and put in the refrigerator.
Step Two: Place oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk in all remaining ingredients. Pour this over your chicken. Marinate overnight for best results or cook immediately. Both will have great taste but leaving it overnight will help that flavor to get inside the chicken.
Step Three: Preheat the oven then place chicken in a dish and bake until chicken is fully cooked. Time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breast. Chicken should be over 165 degrees F before eating.
Step four: Once cooked allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve.
What are some other seasonings I can use for Baked Chicken?
I use a pretty basic mix of seasoning for these oven-baked chicken breasts. You can definitely change it up and use a variety of different seasonings or sauces on chicken.
- Italian Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Everything Bagel Seasoning - Try my Everything but the Bagel Chicken!
What should I serve with Baked Chicken Breasts?
Air Fryer Broccoli - This recipe for the best Air Fryer Broccoli will become a favorite for dinner with your family. Perfectly roasted but in less than 10 minutes, these broccolis are crispy and a super healthy side dish for any meal.
The Best Green Beans - These are not called the Best Green Beans for anything. Pan-seared almonds in butter flavored with garlic added to green beans bring out an amazing flavor you will love!
World's Best Mashed Potatoes - This is a recipe you will want to try! The World's Best Mashed Potatoes, simple to make and of course taste amazing! Make sure to give this recipe a try asap!
Here are a few more of my favorite chicken breast recipes:
Taco Lime Chicken: This one is so easy and so good! I only used a few ingredients and then grilled them.
Lemon Pepper Chicken: This one is a favorite with my hubby! He loves lemon pepper chicken.
Baked BBQ Chicken Breast: This one is a classic and one I make 2-3 times a month. It's so simple and the entire family loves it.
If you tried any of my recipes I would love to hear from you, leave me a comment below. You can also connect with me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and PINTEREST. I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, use hashtag #TDOARH
Baked Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Add chicken into a large freezer bag.
- Place oil in a mixing bowl. Whisk in all remaining ingredients. Pour this over your chicken. Marinate overnight for best results or cook immediately.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place chicken in a dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Time will vary depending in the size of your chicken breast. For small chicken breast check the temperature around 20 minutes. Chicken should be over 165 degrees F before eating.
- Once cooked allow to rest for 5 minutes then serve.