Ready to try my favorite side dish made in your slow cooker! These Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are super easy to make and taste great, plus no boiling before hand.
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Homemade mashed potatoes are pretty much the best thing in the world. Potatoes are easily my favorite food and if you have not tried my recipe for the best mashed potatoes you need to do that asap. Those potatoes I usually save for the holidays because when it comes to dinner time I don’t have time to sit and watch a stove for hours. I feel like I spend so much time making our main dish that when it comes to a side, I just don’t want to put in all the effort! I turn to my slow cooker once again to save the day and made these slow cooker mashed potatoes! These Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes make the perfect side dish.
Mashed Potato Recipes:
- Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Cheddar Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
I love this recipe because you can toss it in your slow cooker and walk away until dinner time. Peel and wash potatoes then dice. Add diced potatoes to slow cooker. It’s just that easy!
How to make Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes:
- Peel and wash potatoes then dice.
- Add diced potatoes to slow cooker.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour chicken broth into slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
- Add sour cream and butter and use a masher to mash potatoes until smooth and butter has melted.
- Add more seasoning as needed. Serve and enjoy.
More slow cooker side dish recipes for you to try:
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese: This one is my kids all time favorite. I serve it at every holiday as a side dish and it’s always a big hit.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Casserole: And this one is my all time favor and one the you HAVE to try.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Vegetable Casserole: The best way to have vegetables, covered in cheese 😉
- 3 pounds Yellow potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Broth
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Butter
Peel and wash potatoes then dice. Add diced potatoes to slow cooker. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pour chicken broth into slow cooker.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. Potatoes should be tender.
Add sour cream and butter and use a masher to mash potatoes until smooth and butter has melted. Add more seasoning as needed. Serve and enjoy.