Mashed potatoes are my favorite side dish. These Mashed Sweet Potatoes have the perfect sweet taste with maple and cinnamon mixed in.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are the BEST! I love them in about any form and if you have been around the blog for a while you know this already. I’ve made them in so many different ways. These Mashed Sweet Potatoes are one of my favorites. The sweet taste with a savory dish paired with it is the perfect combination. Sweet potatoes tend to be a Thanksgiving side but I love them all year long.
Mashed Potato Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Red Mashed Potatoes
- Sour Cream and Ranch Mashed Potatoes
- Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
How to make Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
- Boil your potatoes until tender then drain.
- Drain and return to pot.
- Use a potato masher or fork and mash potatoes.
- Mix in butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and maple syrup with a hand mixer.
- Mash until you have the texture you enjoy.
Want even more sweet potato recipes? Check these out next:
Sweet Potato Fries: Sweet potato fries are a favorite of my husbands! This recipe is so good and a great side dish option for just about any meal.
Taco Stuffed Sweet Potato: One of my favorite lunch recipes, so simple to make and so full of flavor.
Sweet Potato Casserole: This casserole is a must for the holidays! Nothing pairs better with a turkey or ham then this casserole.
- 3 pounds Sweet potatoes (peeled and cut)
- 6 tablespoons Butter (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon Brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup 2 tbsp
Boil your potatoes until tender then drain. Drain and return to pot.
Use a potato masher or fork and mash potatoes.
Mix in butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and maple syrup with a hand mixer. Mash until you have the texture you enjoy.