These Roasted Brussel Sprouts are tossed in oil and seasoned to perfection. Roasted in the oven this recipe will put a smile on your face. These are so good, even someone not a fan of Brussel Sprouts will enjoy them!
My Favorite Side Dish:
I have to start by being completely honest with you. It was only a few months ago that I tried a Brussel Sprout for the first time. I was a bit of a picky eater growing up but developed a taste for many things that I refused them.
I thought I would give them a try and ended up loving them. I ended up serving them over and over as a side for dinner until my husband kindly ask if we could mix it up and try something else as a side.
These Roasted Brussel Sprouts are my favorite way to make them. Simple and easy but good a Brussel Sprout recipe.
How to make Roasted Brussel Sprouts:
Roasted Brussel Sprouts are very easy to make. Coat your Brussel Sprouts in oil and then season them. Spread them out on a baking sheet and then roast in the oven. Baking Brussel Sprouts in the oven is one of the best ways to eat them.
- Brussel Sprouts
- Seasoning: Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper
Step one: Preheat your oven and prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Step two: Slice Brussel sprouts in half and place them in a mixing bowl. Toss to coat in oil then season and toss to coat again.
- Tip: Don't skip cutting them in half, this helps your Brussel sprouts get crispy.
Step three: In glass mixing bowl add your garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to fully coat the Brussel Sprouts with the seasonings. This really is the best seasoning for Brussel Sprouts.
How long to bake Brussel Sprouts:
Step four: Place Brussel sprouts on your prepared baking sheet face down and bake for 25-30 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Tip: Don't lay Brussel sprouts on top of each other while baking to keep them from getting soggy.
Optional Step: After roasting we like sprinkling our Brussel Sprouts with a little Parmesan cheese
Tips for Amazing Roasted Brussel Sprouts:
- Be liberal with your oil. You really need to make sure these are coated well so the seasonings will stick to them nicely.
- Add other seasoning if you'd like. Paprika or Mustard are really good flavors to add to your Brussel Sprouts.
- Kick your Brussels Sprouts up a notch with Bacon. Everyone loves bacon. Add some crumbled bacon to your roasted Brussel sprouts, and they will be even more amazing.
- How to not make them soggy. Make sure you slice them and cook them slice down on the baking sheet. Make sure they are not on top of each other as well.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts Variations:
Balsamic Vinegar - With about ten minutes left in the baking process pull your Brussel Sprouts out of the oven.
Brush them with Balsamic Vinegar and then return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Lemon - Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over your Brussel Sprouts for a nice citrus flavor.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice Brussel sprouts in half and place them in a mixing bowl. Toss to coat in oil then season and toss to coat again.
- Place Brussel sprouts on your prepared baking sheet face down and bake for 20-25 minutes or until Brussel sprouts are tender.
- Don't skip cutting them in half, this helps your Brussel sprouts get crispy.
- Don't lay Brussel sprouts on top of each other while baking to keep them from getting soggy.