This simple breakfast recipe is a favorite of mine. Warm and fluffy, the perfect sweet and savory combination. These Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins make the perfect easy breakfast recipe.
My kids love pancakes! It's definitely one of their favorite breakfast recipes. Not much beats a pancake breakfast but for those quick mornings, these pancake mini muffins are my go to! No standing and flipping by the oven. I fill the muffin tin with my pancake mix and bake. For this recipe, I just add cooked ground breakfast sausage to each muffin and then we dipped them in syrup.
I really didn't change my batter much when making these then what I use for typical pancakes. They bake perfectly and come out fluffy and soft. Adding the sausage just made them even better. A full breakfast in every bite!
How to make Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins:
Step one: Start by preheating your oven and preparing a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
Step two: Cook and crumble sausage. Once it's cook then drain the fat.
Step three: Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
Step four: In a separate bowl beat egg then add milk and melted butter.
Step five: Now mix together wet and dry ingredients.
Step six: Pour pancake mix into mini muffin pan then add a spoon full of cooked sausage.
Step seven: Bake until cooked through.
I started by serving these with syrup on the side for dipping but not doing that again for my toddlers. I mean why I thought it would be a good idea to give a 3 and 5-year-old a bowl full of sweet sticky syrup and not think they would be dipping and licking fingers, I have no idea. My husband and I will still dip but maybe for them just a tablespoon or two on top. Still a little messy but at least they have to eat the pancake to get the syrup. As much as my kids love pancakes they couldn't pass up a chance to just eat a fist full of syrup. I even had some readers say they added it to the muffin mix before baking. This way you get the syrup taste without the sticky mess.
Mini Sausage Pancake Muffins
- 1 pound Ground breakfast sausage
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and prepare a mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook sausage. Crumbling with a spatula until fully cooked. Drain fat and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. In a separate bowl beat egg then add milk and melted butter. Now mix together wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour pancake mix into mini muffin pan then add a spoon full of cooked sausage. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with maple syrup.
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH