These Parmesan Garlic Skillet Green Beans are the perfect way to freshen up your basic green bean recipe. With just a few ingredients and a few minutes, you will have a new favorite way to make green beans.
This time last year we had our house on the market while we waited and hoped that the dream house would stay for sale long enough.
Thankfully we got the house sold, but we had about 3 weeks before all paperwork was in order for us to move into the new place so we were homeless during that in-between time.
My in-laws took us in and took great care of us. One night my mother in law added her green beans to her skillet and topped them with butter and garlic.
They were the best green beans I have ever had. I couldn't get enough. Literally, I went back for 2nd of just green beans.
How to make Parmesan Garlic Skillet Green Beans:
Step one: Heat butter in a large skillet then add minced garlic then green beans.
Step two: Cook your green beans until they are tender with a slight crisp.
Step three: Place half of your shredded parmesan cheese and mix in well. Last, top your green beans with the remaining shredded parmesan cheese.
Types of Green Beans:
- Fresh: When using fresh green beans make sure to rinse and trim first. Fresh green beans will take longer to cook if you want them very tender. If you like very tender green beans then I suggest you boil them for 3-4 minutes first them place them on a skillet to crisp.
- Frozen: I used frozen green beans for this recipe that I allowed to partially thaw. Once they are somewhat thawed then you can add them to the skillet and follow the directions.
- Canned: I suggest not using canned green beans for this recipe. I find they don't get have the same taste or texture that fresh or frozen does.
Green Bean Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Green Beans
- Garlic Asain Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole
- Roasted Ranch Green Beans
- Skillet Green Beans
I would love for you to follow along and discover more amazing recipes.
Show me what you are making, tag us or use hashtag #TDOARH
Parmesan Garlic Skillet Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a skillet melt butter. Add minced garlic then green beans. Cook until tender with a slight crisp.
- Add in ½ cup of shredded parmesan cheese and mix in well. Top your green beans with the remaining shredded parmesan cheese and allow to melt then serve.