Cheesy and creamy, a new way to do the classic! These Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes will have you drooling with all the bacon and cheesy flavors inside.
Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
I have such great childhood memories that are centered around sloppy joes. My younger sister and I used to always see who could be the messiest while eating them, I’m sure my mom loved that! And it never failed my dad would always tell the joke. It went a little something like this “Little Joe asked his mom what was for dinner and when she answered sloppy joes he was so upset! He wanted to them to be called sloppy johns after his brother.” Don’t worry we never laughed at it either 😉
Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes Instructions:
Start by browning your ground beef in a large skillet. Cook until beef has cooked through, drain fat, and return to stove top. Add bacon, onion, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook together for 3-4 minutes then add in beef broth cornstarch. Allow cooking while you stir until it has thickened. Last, add in shredded cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted and well combined. Serve on buns and topped with pickles!
Can I use ground turkey?
Ground turkey is a great sub for this recipe. No other changes would need to be made just switch 1 pound of ground turkey for the 1 pound of ground beef.
More Sloppy Joe Recipes:
Easy and Budget Friendly Recipes you will LOVE:
Meatloaf Recipe: This Meatloaf Recipe is a classic. Made with lean ground beef it’s full of flavor and perfectly moist, I topped it all off with a brown sugar glaze.
Pepperoni Pizza Casserole: 5 Ingredients and less than 30 minutes to make this Pepperoni Pizza Casserole is a recipe that you will love just as much as the kids do. It’s simple and easy and a real crowd pleaser.
Meatloaf Italian Sliders: The BEST meatball placed between bread. I topped it with Mariana sauce, cheese, and then baked. These Meatball Italian Sliders are perfect for a quick dinner or fun appetizer.
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 3/4 cup Bacon (cooked and crumbed)
- 1/2 medium Onion (diced)
- 3 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 tablespoons Mustard
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste ((to taste)
- 1/2 cup Beef broth
- 1 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 Buns
- Optional: Pickles for garnish
- Start by browning your ground beef in a large skillet. Cook until beef has cooked through, drain fat, and return to stove top.
- Add bacon, onion, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook together for 3-4 minutes then add in beef broth an cornstarch. Allow to cook while you stir until it has thickened.
- Last add in shredded cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted and well combined.
Serve on buns and topped with pickles!